Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

tidegu

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2012
has anyone noticed MobileMe is removed from ML? it forces you to move to iCloud.

I'm still using MobileMe as it supports iDisk, provides iWeb, photo gallery, and most important, it syncs my keychain.

I have multiple Macs that need the keychain been synced. I can't move to iCloud except keychain syncing implements or been forced to.

Is there anyone have a workaround for using MobileMe, or just sync keychain on ML?

Thanks.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Apple has made it no secret that MobileMe is going away, why build it into an OS that will be released after apple stated MobileMe is going to be discontinued

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
ML is a beta feature that is to be released with Mountain lion in late Summer 2012.

MobileMe goes byebye June 30, 2012.

This is a no-brainer.

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
ML is a beta feature that is to be released with Mountain lion in late Summer 2012.

MobileMe goes byebye June 30, 2012.

This is a no-brainer.

exactly. why would they bother adding anything concerning MM when it will be shut down completely by the time that ML is released? i certainly wouldn't have expected it to be in there. :rolleyes:

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
I would think it should be doable via Dropbox. I know 1Password syncs via Dropbox.

jW

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.