PDA

View Full Version : opinions wanted

graphicsward
Feb 18, 2012, 09:07 AM
hey folks, I'm working on rebranding my freelance design logo and want some opinions on how i'm doing so far. Thank you much.

GraphicsWard, is a play on my name, what I do and where I do it. The icon represents a map with parks in the shape of the G to symbolize the ease of working with me in the crowded city of design and advertising. I wanted to keep the text as simple and readable as possible as fonts on a map would be.

xxBURT0Nxx
Feb 18, 2012, 09:14 AM
my .02....

it doesn't look like a map.. more like a bunch of stones or rocks. Kind of reminds me of a glass pane window actually.

Font is not easy to read

Looks too cluttered

Perhaps if you want to convey a map use colors other than white and grey. Maybe a layout with a symbol over the interstate with more bold lines to signify the freeway, and then have a more solid "G" in front as opposed to one that takes it's shape by filling in areas between the roads. Looks kind of sloppy to me, and like I said, gives it a pane glass look, not a map and letter look.

Hope that helps. Good Luck! :D

radug
Feb 18, 2012, 11:02 AM
first thought was a map..so to me it doesn't look like window panes. i can see how one would though, so +1 for a less cluttered, clearer version.

that said, the colour scheme could use some more work : that green just doesn't go too well with the greys. Put a bit more yellow into it. (something along the lines of #7CA327.

pay attention to the upper left-hand corner : does not resemble a street layout, might need revising.

furthermore, i would play a little more with the positioning of the title. Perhaps splitting the 2 words on separate lines?

as a final note, font choice could be better than semibold MyriadPro, as it doesn't reflect any of the characteristics of the G in the logo.
side question : if the company is named GraphicsWard, why is there only a G in the logo ? there is need for more consistency.

as it is right now, it's a ~good logo, but it has potential for more :)

radug
Feb 18, 2012, 11:10 AM
quick 30-sec mock.