PDA

View Full Version : Launchpad F4 Button Not Working?

Mykonos
Feb 19, 2012, 12:51 AM
Mountain Lion thus far has been a superior update. Except for the little bugs here and there, it seems like a true sucessor.

However, my Launchpad button stopped working! I've tried deleting the symbolickey.plist trick, but it still hasn't come on. Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

Much love!

bdodds1985
Feb 19, 2012, 01:29 AM
I had the same problem in lion and restoring keyboard shortcuts in sys pref worked fine. maybe that and relaunch finder or a reboot.

Mykonos
Feb 19, 2012, 01:57 PM
I had the same problem in lion and restoring keyboard shortcuts in sys pref worked fine. maybe that and relaunch finder or a reboot.

I've tried this as well and it doesn't seem to work either. Right now my fix is a Function Flip add-on :/ but in the long term this isn't enough

Nielsenius
Feb 19, 2012, 02:36 PM
The Launchpad key isn't working for me, either.

Mykonos
Feb 19, 2012, 03:35 PM
The Launchpad key isn't working for me, either.

Yeah same. Did you try deleting the symbolickey.plist as well?

Yamcha
Feb 19, 2012, 03:47 PM
Yup same here, doesn't seem to be working..

Mykonos
Feb 19, 2012, 04:32 PM
Anyone know the fix for this?

Nielsenius
Feb 19, 2012, 07:19 PM
Yeah same. Did you try deleting the symbolickey.plist as well?
No I didn't. Where is that located and why would I delete it? Is that supposed to fix the issue?

Mykonos
Feb 19, 2012, 07:29 PM
No I didn't. Where is that located and why would I delete it? Is that supposed to fix the issue?

It supposedly resets the values that are wrong with your function keys. Its under Home/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.symbolickeys.plist if I'm not mistake!

Nielsenius
Feb 19, 2012, 07:57 PM
It supposedly resets the values that are wrong with your function keys. Its under Home/Library/Preferences/ com.apple.symbolickeys.plist if I'm not mistake!
EDIT: I got the Launchpad key working! Just as I thought, replacing the existing com.apple.symbolickeys.plist file with the old Lion file works. Navigate to Home/Library/Preferences/ and drag and drop this downloaded .plist file:

http://www.mediafire.com/?10kc0z6myu8r9w8

Now, reboot/logout-login and the Launchpad key should work!

Mykonos
Feb 20, 2012, 01:29 AM
EDIT: I got the Launchpad key working! Just as I thought, replacing the existing com.apple.symbolickeys.plist file with the old Lion file works. Navigate to Home/Library/Preferences/ and drag and drop this downloaded .plist file:

Sick! Where is this file from?

Nielsenius
Feb 20, 2012, 06:43 AM
Sick! Where is this file from?
It's from a Time Machine backup of Lion that I had installed before Mountain Lion. Don't worry, it's not a virus :D

Mykonos
Feb 20, 2012, 03:29 PM
It's from a Time Machine backup of Lion that I had installed before Mountain Lion. Don't worry, it's not a virus :D

It does work, thank you! I don't know what sort of trickier this is, but I like it :)

MikeLord
Apr 1, 2012, 08:48 PM

Sweet Baby Jebus! I could hug you! Thanks!

YoungKevin
Apr 2, 2012, 12:59 PM
I did everything you said and it still doesn't won't for me. I'm Mountain Lion beta 2