Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
I am making an app for my school newspaper and I want to utilize a lot of the technology that Apple offers. However, before any issues can be downloaded, you are required to sign in with a school username and password. I could see this being a problem.

If the app is not accepted and is distributed internally, will I still be able to use the following:

In-App Purchases
Newsstand
Push Notifications
iCloud Syncing

I'm not sure how the Enterprise program works, but the only reason most of the above wouldn't function is because I don't have the correct certificates from Apple. Newsstand and in-app purchases also wouldn't function because they can't be registered in iTunes Connect. Is there anything I can do that I don't know about? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
Why do you think this is a problem ?

I've had apps rejected before because they required a user to "set up" the app before use. I just wanted their first name, and a passcode key for the app. If the app requires a user to sign in before use, and is only meant for a specific audience, I don't know what will happen. And I don't want to spend countless hours making this for nothing...

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I've had apps rejected before because they required a user to "set up" the app before use. I just wanted their first name, and a passcode key for the app. If the app requires a user to sign in before use, and is only meant for a specific audience, I don't know what will happen. And I don't want to spend countless hours making this for nothing...

My bank requires me to sign in before use with their native app and I downloaded it from the App Store...

dejo

Moderator emeritus
Sep 2, 2004
The Centennial State
Will these features work?
Perhaps you should contact Apple as to the features and capabilities of the Enterprise Program.

I've had apps rejected before because they required a user to "set up" the app before use. I just wanted their first name, and a passcode key for the app.

Did you provide the app review team with a test account?

Last edited:

MattInOz

macrumors 68030
Jan 19, 2006
Sydney
Couldnt you just move the parts of the newsletter the general community might be interested in to the front of the app. And only password protect part of the information.

OverByThere

macrumors newbie
Nov 24, 2011
Rugby, UK
Most apps require you to have an account, Facebook, Path etc.

Aslong as you provide login details in the review notes, so the reviewer can test it, it should be fine.

I have done this, they used the login details I provided, and my App is now live in the AppStore.

jackhdev

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 9, 2011
Bismarck, North Dakota
Most apps require you to have an account, Facebook, Path etc.

Aslong as you provide login details in the review notes, so the reviewer can test it, it should be fine.

I have done this, they used the login details I provided, and my App is now live in the AppStore.

Great, thanks a lot for that. I feel better now! The reason it requires users to sign in is because the school will be torn apart by the parents if they knew pictures of their kids and their full names were available to anyone.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.