PDA

View Full Version : Is this a good deal? (G5 PM) (Help! I need to decide soon!)

Ryan T.
Jun 17, 2005, 04:10 PM
Hey all, I have a couple hours to snatch this up if I want it.

Stock PM G5 Rev A 1.6Ghz
768MB RAM
Superdrive
etc etc

perfect condition, no applecare

$800

opinions?

Chrispy
Jun 17, 2005, 04:12 PM
Buy it! If you don't I will haha :-) Where did you find a deal like that! :eek:

Ryan T.
Jun 17, 2005, 04:14 PM
Buy it! If you don't I will haha :-) Where did you find a deal like that! :eek:
A friend of a friend. He says it's like new, I think I'm going to do it.

Ryan T.
Jun 17, 2005, 04:32 PM
hey all, i have to let him know w/i an hour..

anyone else?

am i stupid not to?

Josh396
Jun 17, 2005, 04:43 PM
hey all, i have to let him know w/i an hour..

anyone else?

am i stupid not to?
Like Chrispy said BUY IT. It's a very good deal.

jane doe
Jun 17, 2005, 04:49 PM
yeah thats a good deal, I'm about to sell my dual 2.5

Ryan T.
Jun 17, 2005, 05:00 PM
thanks for the help. have to swing by compusa and pick up an airport card too :)

Ryan T.
Jun 18, 2005, 12:06 PM
Got it :) Having trouble getting the Aiport to work, but other than that, smooth sailing.

Ryan T.
Jun 20, 2005, 12:35 AM
Got it :) Having trouble getting the Aiport to work, but other than that, smooth sailing.
found out he didn't give me the antenna

haha but a nice macrumors member is helping me out!

eXan
Jun 20, 2005, 01:11 AM
found out he didn't give me the antenna

haha but a nice macrumors member is helping me out!

Why did that "friend's friend" wanted to sell it? Especially for 800$???
:D just curious

Ryan T.
Jun 20, 2005, 07:35 AM
Why did that "friend's friend" wanted to sell it? Especially for 800$???
:D just curious
He bought it 2 years ago when they first came out, and decided Macs weren't for him. It's been sitting unused for 1.5+ years (and it shows, there wasn't even dust in the case).

Now he's moving, and rather tan lug around a computer he doesnt use, he wanted some cash. He actually was asking $1000, but since time was of the essence, he accepted an $800 offer :)

eXan
Jun 21, 2005, 07:42 PM
He bought it 2 years ago when they first came out, and decided Macs weren't for him. It's been sitting unused for 1.5+ years (and it shows, there wasn't even dust in the case).

Now he's moving, and rather tan lug around a computer he doesnt use, he wanted some cash. He actually was asking $1000, but since time was of the essence, he accepted an $800 offer :)

Lucky you! I wish somebody offered the same deal to me... :D

Ha! its cheaper than eMac :eek:

Ryan T.
Jun 21, 2005, 11:19 PM
Lucky you! I wish somebody offered the same deal to me... :D

Ha! its cheaper than eMac :eek:
:) I'm really enjoying it. I bought an Airport card for it, and I'm going to get a little more RAM in there. It's going to fly :)

Great situation for me, as I can admit (although painfully) that I don't need a Dual G5 for what I do, as I suspect many here don't. That being said I would buy one if money wasn't an issue. But with the cheapest Dual G5 1200 dollars more, this will suit me just fine.

eXan
Jun 22, 2005, 04:10 AM
:) I'm really enjoying it. I bought an Airport card for it, and I'm going to get a little more RAM in there. It's going to fly :)

Great situation for me, as I can admit (although painfully) that I don't need a Dual G5 for what I do, as I suspect many here don't. That being said I would buy one if money wasn't an issue. But with the cheapest Dual G5 1200 dollars more, this will suit me just fine.

Sometimes I ask myself: "why to i NEED iMac G5"? Yes i definetely WANT it to play games, and to do the same stuff that I do today + maybe Motion and Cinema 4D :D

But i dont NEED it. Arghhh :mad: