PDA

View Full Version : What's the scoop?

AbSoluTc
Feb 26, 2012, 06:53 PM
I don't post very much here but I was curious what the deal was when I am in the IPHONE forum looking at threads about other phones, HTC, Android, Sony. Is is not the iPhone forum anymore? We can post anything about any phone in there? Please help me understand this as my post in one of the threads was removed without any explanation. Would love to know why.

Firestar
Feb 26, 2012, 06:57 PM
A forum about iPhones won't be purely about iPhones- there are other competition that will be discussed.

It'd be best to use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page to find out about your post being deleted.

BreakGuy
Feb 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
This is an Apple-related board, but it's not strictly Apple either.

grapes911
Feb 26, 2012, 08:39 PM
If you want an answer about the removal of a specific post, please use the contact form as we don't like to discuss those things in public.

In general though, non-iPhone phones are discussed in the iPhone forum because they inevitably end up comparing other phones to the iPhone and there really isn't a better place to put them.

AbSoluTc
Feb 26, 2012, 08:55 PM
If you want an answer about the removal of a specific post, please use the contact form as we don't like to discuss those things in public.

In general though, non-iPhone phones are discussed in the iPhone forum because they inevitably end up comparing other phones to the iPhone and there really isn't a better place to put them.

How about a non iPhone sub forum?

r.j.s
Feb 26, 2012, 08:57 PM

It's come up before, but usually, most discussions on non-iPhones end up comparing said non-iPhone to the iPhone.

grapes911
Feb 26, 2012, 09:01 PM

Similar suggestions have been discussed before (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=915303), but they've never gained any traction. I just don't think it makes much sense, because it's extremely rare that one of these threads doesn't eventually end up talking about the iPhone as well.

Tilpots
Feb 26, 2012, 09:12 PM
Similar suggestions have been discussed before (http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=915303), but they've never gained any traction. I just don't think it makes much sense, because it's extremely rare that one of these threads doesn't eventually end up talking about the iPhone as well.

...and they release a different phone every other week, rendering the previous model/thread obsolete. ;)