Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Contact your host, they need to restart the SQL service or maybe even do a little more. If they try to say it's your fault, check in cPanel(or your control panel) and see if you still have the right SQL database for the forums. If you do, ask them nicely to restart the servers SQL service from WHM.

JW8725

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2005
UK
Thanks for the info, i've been to SQL settings and clicked on repair. everything there seems fine, theres OK against each file there!

pardon me but what is WHM and how do i get the host to restart it? Thanks

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
WHM stands for Web Host Manager. It's your hosts admin control panel to the server, basically. Inside WHM there's options to restart server services such as SQL, etc. They just click it and it restarts.

mrzeve

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2005
Your host needs to kill the mysql service, then restart it, and probably kill it again.

Just email them letting them know that the mysql on your account is down.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Just incase your host doesn't know what you're talking about when you ask them to restart SQL, here's what the option looks like in WHM. They can access WHM from http://theirdomain.ext/whm/. They should really know all this stuff though.

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 182

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
The site is hosted in ThePlanet datacenter, so they should either by contact from you, or your host (assuming you don't own the server) fix the issue if restarting the service doesn't work.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Cool. Was it just an issue or restarting the SQL? Forums look nice! I registered, even though I have no clue what it's about. :p

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.