PDA

View Full Version : Can't Switch to full version of site.

The Californian
Mar 5, 2012, 09:31 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I used to have trouble switching from the Mobile version of the site to the full version and would have to click the link a few times before it would switch over, but as of today I've clicked it approximately 25 times to no avail.

I'm currently on an iPhone 4S running 5.0.1 (9A406).

Macdude2010
Mar 5, 2012, 10:23 PM
Mine is the same way so you are not alone, doesn't work on my Asus Transformer and my iPhone 3GS, Works on my iPad and iPhone 4S though.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 6, 2012, 05:47 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I used to have trouble switching from the Mobile version of the site to the full version and would have to click the link a few times before it would switch over, but as of today I've clicked it approximately 25 times to no avail.

In Settings under Safari, have you tried either 'Clear History' or Clear Cookies and Data'?

What I do is keep a browser tab open on the mobile site and another one open with the full site. so that each is open and I can browse whichever way I need without having to switch one tab over.

siurpeeman
Mar 6, 2012, 05:56 AM
what i do is start with forum spy (spy.macrumors.com). every thread link i tap thankfully launches in the full site and not the mobile.

The Californian
Mar 6, 2012, 07:32 AM

In Settings under Safari, have you tried either 'Clear History' or Clear Cookies and Data'?

What I do is keep a browser tab open on the mobile site and another one open with the full site. so that each is open and I can browse whichever way I need without having to switch one tab over.

Yah, I've cleared out the history, cookies and cache multiple times. No dice.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 6, 2012, 09:00 AM

Yah, I've cleared out the history, cookies and cache multiple times. No dice.

Hmmm... What I also do is have bookmarks to the mobile site and full site. That way if I close out one of the pages, I can click the bookmark to the one I want. Ise the bookmarks in Safari on the Mac and they sync to the iPhone.

The Californian
Mar 6, 2012, 09:49 AM
Hmmm... What I also do is have bookmarks to the mobile site and full site. That way if I close out one of the pages, I can click the bookmark to the one I want. Ise the bookmarks in Safari on the Mac and they sync to the iPhone.

I'll try that, the only bummer is that I wish it would just work the way it's supposed to.

-aggie-
Mar 6, 2012, 09:58 AM
Use Atomic Web, it's a much better browser.

macingman
Mar 7, 2012, 05:43 AM

+1. I have had the same problem and the only way I could get it to work was use Atomic Web. It has all the features I want Safari to have plus more.

The123king
Mar 7, 2012, 08:12 AM
Having this problem on a MacBook running 10.7.3 Lion and the latest Google Chrome. Any ideas how to fix it?

SandboxGeneral
Mar 8, 2012, 07:08 AM
Having this problem on a MacBook running 10.7.3 Lion and the latest Google Chrome. Any ideas how to fix it?

Have you tried clearing your browser cache and/or resetting your browser settings?

Darth.Titan
Mar 9, 2012, 02:17 PM
I've cleared everything as far as cookies and data and I'm still trapped in the mobile site on my 4S.

I strongly dislike the mobile site, but it won't let me switch to the full site. Very annoying.

Lennholm
Mar 14, 2012, 05:49 PM
I have this problem, iPhone 4. I have cleared history, cache and cookies which didn't help but this does not surprise me as I have tried several different browsers, same thing.
It's really frustrating because I don't like the mobile version.

arn
Mar 14, 2012, 07:25 PM
I have this problem, iPhone 4. I have cleared history, cache and cookies which didn't help but this does not surprise me as I have tried several different browsers, same thing.
It's really frustrating because I don't like the mobile version.

I've cleared everything as far as cookies and data and I'm still trapped in the mobile site on my 4S.

I strongly dislike the mobile site, but it won't let me switch to the full site. Very annoying.

Hey guys. I may have tracked down the problem. Please try again.

arn

Darth.Titan
Mar 14, 2012, 11:13 PM
Thank you! This has been bugging me for days, but all seems well now.

Zwhaler
Mar 15, 2012, 01:03 AM

This... go under settings and "Identify Browser As" desktop Safari

Lennholm
Mar 15, 2012, 06:46 AM

arn

Yay, great work arn!

The Californian
Mar 18, 2012, 03:13 PM

arn

Working perfectly, thanks arn.

MacNut
Mar 18, 2012, 05:18 PM
If I am logged in on my iPhone and close the window it always reverts back to the wap version. Anyway to change this. I hate having to always start on the mobile site.

arn
Mar 18, 2012, 10:08 PM
If I am logged in on my iPhone and close the window it always reverts back to the wap version. Anyway to change this. I hate having to always start on the mobile site.

in theory, it should be setting a cookie that lasts.

looks like I broke something last night.

try now and see if it remembers.

arn

MacNut
Mar 18, 2012, 10:45 PM
in theory, it should be setting a cookie that lasts.

looks like I broke something last night.

try now and see if it remembers.

arnNope, it reverts back to the mobile version.

arn
Mar 18, 2012, 10:51 PM
Nope, it reverts back to the mobile version.

So, just to be clear, we're talking about:

http://www.macrumors.com (Front Page)

using Mobile Safari on an iPhone

And when you tap on the go to Full Version link at the very bottom of the page, it brings you to the Full version. And once you are there, if you close the tab, and go to "http://www.macrumors.com" it brings you back to the mobile version?

arn

MacNut
Mar 18, 2012, 10:57 PM
So, just to be clear, we're talking about:

http://www.macrumors.com (Front Page)

using Mobile Safari on an iPhone

And when you tap on the go to Full Version link at the very bottom of the page, it brings you to the Full version. And once you are there, if you close the tab, and go to "http://www.macrumors.com" it brings you back to the mobile version?

arnIt starts as macrumors.com/wap I go to the main site macrumors.com log in, close the window, reopen and it goes back the the mobile version.

arn
Mar 18, 2012, 11:10 PM
It starts as macrumors.com/wap I go to the main site macrumors.com log in, close the window, reopen and it goes back the the mobile version.

You talking about

http://forums.macrumors.com/wap ?

What url are you hitting?

There is no http://www.macrumors.com/wap

arn

MacNut
Mar 18, 2012, 11:12 PM
You talking about

http://forums.macrumors.com/wap ?

What url are you hitting?

arnThat is what I hit by default. When I revert back to the main site it doesn't stick.

arn
Mar 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
That is what I hit by default. When I revert back to the main site it doesn't stick.

Why don't you just go to http://forums.macrumors.com/ instead

arn

MacNut
Mar 18, 2012, 11:14 PM
Why don't you just go to http://forums.macrumors.com/ instead

arnI try too but it never holds.

That is what my bookmark is set too.

Don't panic
Mar 20, 2012, 11:20 AM
when i try to use the mobile version from the iphone, i compile the post, send it but it is lost anyone also experiencing the same issues?