PDA

View Full Version : How to develop for the new Retina display?

CorporateFelon
Mar 8, 2012, 03:55 PM
Purely rhetorical question.

How does apple expect people to develop stuff for the new iPad when it has a larger resolution than anything else it sells?

The 27" iMac and Thunderbolt display tops out at 2560 by 1440 pixels. It is shorter than the new retinal display in the new iPad which is 2048 by 1536 pixels. Almost 100 pixels too short.

amorya
Mar 8, 2012, 04:03 PM
Purely rhetorical question.

How does apple expect people to develop stuff for the new iPad when it has a larger resolution than anything else it sells?

The 27" iMac and Thunderbolt display tops out at 2560 by 1440 pixels. It is shorter than the new retinal display in the new iPad which is 2048 by 1536 pixels. Almost 100 pixels too short.

The simulator scrolls. Also, any developer of iPad apps should get an actual retina iPad to test onů I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing an app without trying it on actual hardware.

dejo
Mar 8, 2012, 04:20 PM
The simulator scrolls.

It also scales.

CorporateFelon
Mar 9, 2012, 08:03 AM
The simulator scrolls. Also, any developer of iPad apps should get an actual retina iPad to test onů I wouldn't feel comfortable releasing an app without trying it on actual hardware.

It was mostly a tongue in cheek question. I totally agree about testing on actual hardware, but thats testing. You aren't laying views on the actual ipad or in the simulator. All in all it was a subtle wish for higher resolution screens on the macs.