PDA

View Full Version : How often is F@H servers down?

Over Achiever
Oct 26, 2002, 03:58 PM
I finished a work unit, but I'm unable to send it. And I'm also unable to get a new work unit as well...:(

Does this happen often? If so, how long are the servers usually down?

Over Achiever
Oct 26, 2002, 04:43 PM
Ok...now that I've finally connected...i've gotten a new work packet. However, my "stats" on my computer states that I only have 2 Finished WUs!:eek::confused: (graphical version on Windows)

I should have three but I don't

Whats going on? I don't want to lose five points... :(

Falleron
Oct 27, 2002, 05:56 PM
Ok, mine seems to have been sent (not registered on web site), but cant get another unit!! Oh well, I'll give it a go in a couple of days + hope its been sorted out!

Rower_CPU
Oct 27, 2002, 07:35 PM
They have been especially bad this last week, probably due to releasing new proteins to be folded.

It takes some time for new WUs to show up on the stats page, so don't fret too much about it. :)

mc68k
Oct 29, 2002, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by Over Achiever
Does this happen often? If so, how long are the servers usually down? Intermittently, usualy once or twice every 1-2 weeks.

The servers can be down from hours to days (~2 days max I've seen it out). But it's usually out for just hours.

Over Achiever
Oct 30, 2002, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Rower_CPU
It takes some time for new WUs to show up on the stats page, so don't fret too much about it. :)

I'm not worried about that...its just that the work unit never got sent! :eek: I looked in the Folding at Home folder, and the results for that work unit are still in there! I don't think it got sent!?! Won't I miss the deadline?:confused:

Over Achiever
Nov 6, 2002, 10:54 PM
Ok....I've been trying for over three hours to get a new work packet...but I keep getting refused by the server. I've shutdown and restarted F@H...etc.