PDA

View Full Version : Don't like Genius Diagnostic, can I take to a different store?

phatjoe
Mar 19, 2012, 10:12 PM
Hello,

I don't like the conclusion/diagnostic the Genius quoted me. Are there any issues with me taking it to another Apple store for a 2nd opinion?

Would the 2nd store know I even took it to the 1st store?

THANKS

Spink10
Mar 19, 2012, 10:14 PM
Call Apple - tell them you are dissatisfied and would request that another genius look at your laptop. Be kind and persistent.

falterego
Mar 20, 2012, 10:53 AM
More likely than not that there is a note about your visit. Depending on the outcome of the visit they may not have noted what their diagnosis was and it may just be ignored by another store. I took my first gen 06 MB to one apple store for a Bluetooth problem and another store a few weeks later for the same issue. There was no mention or question about my earlier visit to another store.

gentlefury
Mar 20, 2012, 01:18 PM
I do this all the time. If I don't get the answer I want at the apple store I will just explain the situation to someone else, until I get a better result. Apple prides itself in providing the best customer experience around...but there are some crappy employees in every company! If you still don't get a good experience, than call corporate office. They will make sure you are happy.