PDA

View Full Version : CDN hanging again

MacNut
Mar 21, 2012, 03:58 PM
The site is hanging at cdn.macrumors.com again.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 21, 2012, 08:47 PM

Odd.It's working fine for me at work on Win7, Firefox and at home with OS X and Firefox and on iPad. Pages load up right away and no CDN hanging.

arn
Mar 21, 2012, 10:30 PM

Odd.It's working fine for me at work on Win7, Firefox and at home with OS X and Firefox and on iPad. Pages load up right away and no CDN hanging.

due to the nature of the CDN, you guys are likely hitting different servers.

MacNut,

This happen often? Where are you located?

arn

MacNut
Mar 22, 2012, 12:10 AM

MacNut,

arnIt seems to happen a lot during the early afternoon hours but not every day. CT here.

Ok the forums just ground to a halt but I don't think it is CDN related.

SandboxGeneral
Mar 22, 2012, 05:34 AM

MacNut,

arn

Wait. I take back what I said; I am seeing infrequent hangs with the CDN this morning in Michigan. OS X, Firefox.

MechaSpanky
Mar 23, 2012, 10:40 PM
When I'm at work, MacRumors hangs at "Read ads.pubmatic.com". I'm using a slightly older version of Firefox (3.6.16) and at first it starts to load the site but when it gets to "ads.pubmatic.com" the whole page goes blank and nothing loads at all. It then does nothing and it loads nothing. I'm not using any plugins with Firefox. Funny, it loads just fine using Safari. Any ideas as to why?

Michaelgtrusa
Apr 26, 2012, 03:53 PM
Google chrome has this hang issue on this site as well as Opera in turbo mode or the 12 beta. It's a pain that I have not been able to solve and it started with the forum upgrade back in february.