PDA

View Full Version : Will apple repair scuffs on case?

Xgm541
Mar 25, 2012, 04:15 PM
I have a small scratch on the top of my 2010 MBA, and the left hand corner is scuffed a tiny bit, I don't even know how. I keep this machine in a sleeve case in my book bag, and I never dropped it.

Will apple be willing to repair that? I know applecare won't cover it, but say, I walk in and request a new case?

Xikum
Mar 25, 2012, 04:25 PM
You can get anything done for a price. However I would suggest that the price of a new casing unit will be astronomical in comparison to the 'problem', which is purely cosmetic.

aeboi
Mar 25, 2012, 04:27 PM
Yes for money.

Unless there were scuffs and scratches when it was new, Apple is unlikely to replace anything related to user-inflicted damage for free.

Paying to replace the casing because of a few scuffs would be a waste of $ IMHO.

rockyroad55
Mar 25, 2012, 04:27 PM
Seriously?

Does it affect performance of the machine? If no, then you're too paranoid.

noisycats
Mar 25, 2012, 04:32 PM
Why would they repair your two year old MBA?

Why would they give you a new case?

Not trying to be difficult, I'm trying to grasp why you feel entitled to either?

Shrink
Mar 25, 2012, 04:33 PM
Seriously?

Does it affect performance of the machine? If no, then you're too paranoid.

Paranoid!!!???:confused:

Moonjumper
Mar 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
If it is just scuffs, you could try a place that repairs alloy wheels. They might be able to remove the marks.

elmo151
Mar 25, 2012, 04:44 PM
ask apple. they may be willing to fix it for a price.

otoh why bother. everything eventually gets a bit banged up

Xgm541
Mar 25, 2012, 04:46 PM
Why would they repair your two year old MBA?

Why would they give you a new case?

Not trying to be difficult, I'm trying to grasp why you feel entitled to either?

Clearly you nor the other people who think I feel entitled to something actually read my first post. I'm not saying I want anything for free I am just asking if apple would do that and if anyone had experience with that (price etc).

I'm not being paranoid I am just wondering how much it'd run me. The MBA is a beautiful device and the scuff mark makes it less appealing. That is all.

blueroom
Mar 25, 2012, 04:50 PM
Unless you never use your MacBook you're going to get scuffs and dents. Aluminum is a fairly soft metal, wear your scars with pride :)

rockyroad55
Mar 25, 2012, 05:33 PM
Well if you really want to, I'd suggest going to a place that restores stuff and have them look at it. You can always get silver nail polish too.

gbredneck
Mar 26, 2012, 02:21 AM
Hi

Just my two penneth, if the scuffs are bothering you that much, why not put one of those hard shells like the speck one's on the unit, you'll always know theres a few scuffs, but they may well be obscured by the finish on the case.

I have reasonably scuffed 17 macbook pro with one on, and you wouldnt know its not a new machine!

It would certainly be cheaper than taking it to the apple store, i can't believe the price would be considered reasonable.

Rob

alphaod
Mar 26, 2012, 03:12 AM
Yes Apple will replace any part if you want to pay for it. You are also able to buy a new computer if you wanted.

Stealthipad
Mar 26, 2012, 05:21 AM
Clearly you nor the other people who think I feel entitled to something actually read my first post. I'm not saying I want anything for free I am just asking if apple would do that and if anyone had experience with that (price etc).

I'm not being paranoid I am just wondering how much it'd run me. The MBA is a beautiful device and the scuff mark makes it less appealing. That is all.

I love the way people are so fast to attack! I agree you did not ask for free but people assumed. Best to ask Apple so that you can get the price and then relax again.