PDA

View Full Version : Amazon and Best Buy Out of Stock of MB Air 13" 256gb - A sign?

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 10:21 AM
Kind of an interesting observation. Both Amazon and Best Buy are out of stock (Amazon.com and several local BBY stores) of the high 13" model. I contacted Amazon and they don't know when they're getting more in. This is very unusual for Amazon to be out of stock of a Mac unless there's a refresh. Hope it's true.

bogatyr
Mar 28, 2012, 10:29 AM
Unlikely. The dual core IB processors will be released later in the year after the SB dual core stock runs down. The quad core IB processors should be released around the start of summer. So you'll see the workstation laptops refreshed before the standard and travel laptops.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 10:31 AM
Unlikely. The dual core IB processors will be released later in the year after the SB dual core stock runs down. The quad core IB processors should be released around the start of summer. So you'll see the workstation laptops refreshed before the standard and travel laptops.

But they're releasing both at the same time... so it comes down to what Apple wants to do with the chips... and in the last year Air outsold Pro 3 to 1, so I'd imagine that's where Apple's going to focus their efforts. Notice now when you go into an apple store, the front tables are all Air... they have a couple MBP in the sides toward the back-middle of the stores. MacBookPro has become a dinosaur.

Bear
Mar 28, 2012, 10:58 AM
But they're releasing both at the same time... so it comes down to what Apple wants to do with the chips... and in the last year Air outsold Pro 3 to 1, so I'd imagine that's where Apple's going to focus their efforts. Notice now when you go into an apple store, the front tables are all Air... they have a couple MBP in the sides toward the back-middle of the stores. MacBookPro has become a dinosaur.Actually there are a couple of mobile IB chips being released at the end of April, they are good possibilities for the Pro. The IvyBridge chips that Apple will use for the Air are not scheduled to be released until early June.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 11:06 AM
Actually there are a couple of mobile IB chips being released at the end of April, they are good possibilities for the Pro. The IvyBridge chips that Apple will use for the Air are not scheduled to be released until early June.

"Actually" . . . (funny when people say that, it demonstrates insecurity and the need to feel self-assured that they're making a correction)

Right, and that was said last year and low and behold Apple released the Air with the new chips before the chip was even officially "released"

Bear
Mar 28, 2012, 11:25 AM
Right, and that was said last year and low and behold Apple released the Air with the new chips before the chip was even officially "released"Ahh, but I did not say when the Air would show up. I stated a know fact - that being Intel's announced schedule for chips. And it is true the Apple does sometimes get chips early from Apple, but not always.

The unknown in this could be a parts supply issue and not a new model coming out soon. It's a tough call as to the actual reason for the delay for stores getting shipments.

What makes it unlikely that the new Air is imminent is the lack of any other current rumors around it. Note that I did say unlikely and not impossible.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 11:27 AM
What makes it unlikely that the new Air is imminent is the lack of any other current rumors around it. Note that I did say unlikely and not impossible.

It's not expected to get a redesign, just a spec bump, and we generally don't see an influx of rumors prior to that type of thing. It just shows up in the Apple store. It's not an iPad 3 (err "The NEW iPad")... you're not going to see secret spy shots cause the next MB Air is expected to LOOK exactly the same.

bogatyr
Mar 28, 2012, 11:28 AM
http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardware/2012/03/28/ivy-bridge-launch-leaked/1

Quad core first, dual core second. No new Air for a while.

SoIsays
Mar 28, 2012, 11:48 AM
"Actually" . . . (funny when people say that, it demonstrates insecurity and the need to feel self-assured that they're making a correction)

Actually, a lot of macrumorzens use that word in passive aggressive arguments and while I don't like seeing it used often here, I do enjoy using it in real life pompous conversations. And, actually, while us normal consumers won't know when the new MBA's come out, there is someone in this forum who knows when they'll be released, but they have no incentive to release that info.

Also, please don't "negative" this post because you'll end up in hell and no one wants to go to hell. :)

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=shenan1982;14627133]"Actually" . . . (funny when people say that, it demonstrates insecurity and the need to feel self-assured that they're making a correction)[QUOTE]

Actually, a lot of macrumorzens use that word in passive aggressive arguments and while I don't like seeing it used often here, I do enjoy using it in real life pompous conversations. And, actually, while us normal consumers won't know when the new MBA's come out, there is someone in this forum who knows when they'll be released, but they have no incentive to release that info.

Also, please don't "negative" this post because you'll end up in hell and no one wants to go to hell. :)

HAHA, yeah. That guy is funny. He negative'd every one of my posts because he knows I'm right ACTUALLY. He has no evidence to support his claims he makes that "absolutely no air anytime soon" ... when in the past Apple has gotten chips before everyone else. Guess he knows everything, lol. ACTUALLY, he's been a member for a week now, so he's borderline genius, haha

bogatyr
Mar 28, 2012, 12:07 PM
HAHA, yeah. That guy is funny. He negative'd every one of my posts because he knows I'm right ACTUALLY. He has no evidence to support his claims he makes that "absolutely no air anytime soon" ... when in the past Apple has gotten chips before everyone else. Guess he knows everything, lol. ACTUALLY, he's been a member for a week now, so he's borderline genius, haha
Except he is right. Look at my link above in my last post. Shows end of April for quads (i.e. MBP) and June time for duals (MBP 13/MBA).

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 12:16 PM
Except he is right. Look at my link above in my last post. Shows end of April for quads (i.e. MBP) and June time for duals (MBP 13/MBA).

Yeah congrats on reposting an Intel Press Release. Do you not read? last year they released a date, and that's when they released them to the "public" ... that is after Apple was given 1 month advance delivery, duhhhh!

bogatyr
Mar 28, 2012, 12:19 PM
Yeah congrats on reposting an Intel Press Release. Do you not read? last year they released a date, and that's when they released them to the "public" ... that is after Apple was given 1 month advance delivery, duhhhh!

One month would still put them in May, not April. Not to mention they may not have them in advance this year - there is nothing stating that they do. All we know is what is published, anything else is just guessing. The only published information from Intel says April for quad and June for dual.

You know, you also don't need to be rude about this stuff either.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 12:21 PM
One month would still put them in May, not April. Not to mention they may not have them in advance this year - there is nothing stating that they do. All we know is what is published, anything else is just guessing. The only published information from Intel says April for quad and June for dual.

You know, you also don't need to be rude about this stuff either.

Not rude. Using history as a guide for what will happen in the future is generally more accurate than pure speculation. Look what happened in Iraq, did we find any WMDs? heheh. Wasnt trying to be rude, sorry.

axu539
Mar 28, 2012, 12:28 PM
Not rude. Using history as a guide for what will happen in the future is generally more accurate than pure speculation. Look what happened in Iraq, did we find any WMDs? heheh. Wasnt trying to be rude, sorry.

You are being rude. Using history as a guide, Apple has gotten chips earlier than other vendors before, but seeing as the dual-core chips aren't due until June, it's highly unlikely Apple will get the chips 2 months early. The most we've seen is one or two weeks. Furthermore, Best Buy and Amazon frequently go out of stock just to replenish it again a few months later. It's not a big deal.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 12:35 PM
Furthermore, Best Buy and Amazon frequently go out of stock just to replenish it again a few months later. It's not a big deal.

Ok. You are right. We should close down this site because anyone who brings anything up just gets told they're wrong. I'm bowing out of this conversation with one last comment...

EVERY spec bump in the past has been preceded by an inventory shortage. I didn't say it's the new processors, hell, Apple is known for being slow. For all we know they could refresh them TOMORROW (or Tuesday) with an SD slot on the 11", 8GB RAM, 128\256\512 base config SSD... YOU have no clue. You're so quick to jump and say not possible. Obviously you've forgotten how even after SB chips came out Apple released C2D MBPs! Apple is generally conservative with their releases, so stop saying they won't. You have ZERO evidence they won't.

I'm sorry I posted what is typically an indication of refresh. I'll just bite my tongue next time and let people post 400 threads with "should I wait or should I buy now?" which serve no purpose to the general population.

DvlFig
Mar 28, 2012, 12:42 PM
What's the big deal about it? They'll get released when they get released, sheesh! I just bought one last weekend and I love it. I don't see any reason why I'd have to replace it anytime soon, that's just me:p

axu539
Mar 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
Ok. You are right. We should close down this site because anyone who brings anything up just gets told they're wrong. I'm bowing out of this conversation with one last comment...

EVERY spec bump in the past has been preceded by an inventory shortage. I didn't say it's the new processors, hell, Apple is known for being slow. For all we know they could refresh them TOMORROW (or Tuesday) with an SD slot on the 11", 8GB RAM, 128\256\512 base config SSD... YOU have no clue. You're so quick to jump and say not possible. Obviously you've forgotten how even after SB chips came out Apple released C2D MBPs! Apple is generally conservative with their releases, so stop saying they won't. You have ZERO evidence they won't.

I'm sorry I posted what is typically an indication of refresh. I'll just bite my tongue next time and let people post 400 threads with "should I wait or should I buy now?" which serve no purpose to the general population.

The problem with the situation wasn't your original post. Amazon and Best Buy shortages often do precede product refreshes, but they also often lead to nothing. The problem here was that as soon as someone contradicted you, you got defensive and rude.

Just like no one has evidence that they won't, you have no evidence that they will. It's pure speculation. Stop acting like being contradicted is an attack on your well-being.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 12:49 PM
What's the big deal about it? They'll get released when they get released, sheesh! I just bought one last weekend and I love it. I don't see any reason why I'd have to replace it anytime soon, that's just me:p

What if this comes out tomorrow:

13" or 11"

i7 across the board
128\256\512 for the same price scheme as 64\128\256
8GB RAM Standard

So for the same price you wouldn't upgrade? I'd say that's a reason to replace it soon. It's not a question of IF the above is a reality, it's WHEN

----------

Just like no one has evidence that they won't, you have no evidence that they will. It's pure speculation. Stop acting like being contradicted is an attack on your well-being.

I don't take anything personal on here.

We know they will refresh, it's only a matter of time, and statistically it's going to happen sooner than later. But yeah, pure speculation, and generally speculation is initiated by people noticing product supply shortages like I noticed. Yeah, they run out of things, but it's EXTREMELY rare for a company like Amazon to suddenly DISCONTINUE (oh did I not mention that, they're not BACKORDER, they have completely REMOVED the item from the Ships\Sold by Amazon) an item like an Apple Macbook Air. But what do I know, I only shop Amazon.com every day and post my personal observations.

DvlFig
Mar 28, 2012, 12:53 PM

13" or 11"

i7 across the board
8GB RAM Standard

So for the same price you wouldn't upgrade? I'd say that's a reason to replace it soon. It's not a question of IF the above is a reality, it's WHEN

That would be an awesome deal indeed! Very tempting and I would probably upgrade if I had another $1,400 bucks to spend right away lol. Not because I think I have a crappy MBA, I'd do it for bragging rights and I would also have the latest! I guess is varies from person to person and their needs. I really hope they come out with specs similar to those, that would be awesome!:)

I get what your saying, actually (lmao) I was checking the Buyers Guide and debating whether I should buy my MBA or wait for the refresh. I just went ahead and bought it and it has been one of the best investments I've done recently.

heisenberg123
Mar 28, 2012, 01:03 PM

13" or 11"

i7 across the board
8GB RAM Standard

----------

I don't take anything personal on here.

We know they will refresh, it's only a matter of time, and statistically it's going to happen sooner than later. But yeah, pure speculation, and generally speculation is initiated by people noticing product supply shortages like I noticed. Yeah, they run out of things, but it's EXTREMELY rare for a company like Amazon to suddenly DISCONTINUE (oh did I not mention that, they're not BACKORDER, they have completely REMOVED the item from the Ships\Sold by Amazon) an item like an Apple Macbook Air. But what do I know, I only shop Amazon.com every day and post my personal observations.

HAHAHAAHAH 512 SSD for the same price as 256 HAHAHAHA apple pillage a rape people on RAM and Storage prices but now they will give them away

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 01:06 PM
HAHAHAAHAH 512 SSD for the same price as 256 HAHAHAHA apple pillage a rape people on RAM and Storage prices but now they will give them away

The prices have been almost the same since the MacBook Pro debuted almost 10 years ago, yet specs bump as technology bumps. To still have a 64GB as entry for a computer is very unlikely IMO, but that's guessing. The highest RAM always comes with a premium obviously. I think Standard config will be 128 base and 256 "better" and 512 CTO "ultimate"....

Everyone always looks to the stars to try and figure out the future. Apple has never been unpredictable with their computers, don't reinvent the wheel, the past guides the future when it comes to upgrades. I think it's highly likely we'll see a refresh with existing i5\i7 chips before the IB refresh. I would LOVE to be wrong, but probably won't be :-(

heisenberg123
Mar 28, 2012, 01:11 PM
The prices have been almost the same since the MacBook Pro debuted almost 10 years ago, yet specs bump as technology bumps. To still have a 64GB as entry for a computer is very unlikely IMO, but that's guessing. The highest RAM always comes with a premium obviously. I think Standard config will be 128 base and 256 "better" and 512 CTO "ultimate"....

Everyone always looks to the stars to try and figure out the future. Apple has never been unpredictable with their computers, don't reinvent the wheel, the past guides the future when it comes to upgrades. I think it's highly likely we'll see a refresh with existing i5\i7 chips before the IB refresh. I would LOVE to be wrong, but probably won't be :-(

i dont care about the line up

if a MBA comes out tomorrow with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM it will not be the same price as one today with 256 and 4

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 01:13 PM
i dont care about the line up

if a MBA comes out tomorrow with a 512GB SSD and 8GB of RAM it will not be the same price as one today with 256 and 4

Nope, but if today's lineup is $999\$1199 on the 11's for 64\128, it's EXTREMELY probable that they'd go to 128\256 for the same price. And increasing the RAM is a given.

Anyhow...

bogatyr
Mar 28, 2012, 01:20 PM
The only two things that'll make me switch out of my current MBA 13":
8GB RAM + HD 4000 iGPU.

The iGPU is a given, the RAM is not. I'm really hoping for that 4GB bump though.

Storage space isn't a big deal. I've been using a 256GB SSD for a couple years now with an external drive to store my music (moved to iCloud now), photos (50GB of travel photos aren't required day to day), and ISO images (MSDN member, saves me from downloading them again).

I use about half of my 256GB SSD for day to day work.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 01:25 PM
The only two things that'll make me switch out of my current MBA 13":
8GB RAM + HD 4000 iGPU.

The iGPU is a given, the RAM is not. I'm really hoping for that 4GB bump though.

Storage space isn't a big deal. I've been using a 256GB SSD for a couple years now with an external drive to store my music (moved to iCloud now), photos (50GB of travel photos aren't required day to day), and ISO images (MSDN member, saves me from downloading them again).

I use about half of my 256GB SSD for day to day work.

Yeah, I agree, 256 is the sweet spot right now for me as well. I have 128gb on my 11" and I'm upgrading it to 256. The laptop is just my travel laptop, but with 128gb I find myself constrained to fit all the movies (in the HD quality) that I want to fit to watch on planes\hotels. 256 is an absolute necessary for me, and I just plugin to my iMac's 2TB when at home

Bob Coxner
Mar 28, 2012, 02:18 PM
Amazon has the 128gb available for next day delivery. It has the 256gb in stock and available from J&R.

My three local Best Buys have the 256 in stock and available today.

I don't see anything of interest at all related to a shortage.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 02:21 PM
Amazon has the 128gb available for next day delivery. It has the 256gb in stock and available from J&R.

My three local Best Buys have the 256 in stock and available today.

I don't see anything of interest at all related to a shortage.

Amazon doesn't have the 256 in stock, and in fact they removed the product from their system (when they are out it says OUT OF STOCK). They actually removed the 256 entirely. Yeah their marketplace sellers still have it.. hell there are marketplace sellers with the 2008 and 2009 models still, that doesn't mean anything. Amazon has always carried the 256 model. I have it in my wish list with price alert turned on, that's how I saw amazon deleted the product from their own inventory.

Maybe you aren't looking hard enough.

urkel
Mar 28, 2012, 02:39 PM
Everyone always looks to the stars to try and figure out the future. Apple has never been unpredictable with their computers, don't reinvent the wheel, the past guides the future when it comes to upgrades.
Actually, Apple has been unpredictable with their computers. Using guides does help people guess on whats next but there are always lengthy gaps that make us wonder if a product is dead or short gaps that make us excited that Apple is finally picking up their pace.

Amazon doesn't have the 256 in stock, and in fact they removed the product from their system (when they are out it says OUT OF STOCK). They actually removed the 256 entirely.
First off, I don't think Amazon is an authorized Apple reseller and thats why they're always late with hot items like the iPad or the latest MacBooks. But secondly, Amazon availability fluctuates wildly with Apple products and they pull pages just to have it appear later. I listed my Time Capsule on Marketplace a few weeks ago
when they stopped selling them thinking an update would coincide with the new iPad only to have it reappear with a 2wk wait and then suddenly in stock.

Im hoping for a refresh too but I don't think a guide exists that could predict Apple's moves.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 02:44 PM
First off, I don't think Amazon is an authorized Apple reseller and thats why they're always late with hot items like the iPad or the latest MacBooks. But secondly, Amazon availability fluctuates wildly with Apple products and they pull pages just to have it appear later. I listed my Time Capsule on Marketplace a few weeks ago
when they stopped selling them thinking an update would coincide with the new iPad only to have it reappear with a 2wk wait and then suddenly in stock.

No this has been discussed before. Amazon is an Authorized Apple Dealer for all Apple hardware EXCEPT iPad\iPhone. This is why you see Amazon selling iPods and Laptop\iMac\Monitors\Routers\etc but not iPhone (except through outsourced Wireless), and not iPad (nor iPad Apple Accessories). That's not to say you can't buy them ON amazon.com, just not from Amazon.

heisenberg123
Mar 28, 2012, 02:45 PM
Actually, Apple has been unpredictable with their computers. Using guides does help people guess on whats next but there are always lengthy gaps that make us wonder if a product is dead or short gaps that make us excited that Apple is finally picking up their pace.

Im hoping for a refresh too but I don't think a guide exists that could predict Apple's moves.

agreed if it was out of stock or big delays on apple.com than i would half believe it was because a refresh was coming who cares about a local best buy and amazon

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 02:49 PM
agreed if it was out of stock or big delays on apple.com than i would half believe it was because a refresh was coming who cares about a local best buy and amazon

I love how when a Best Buy store in Des Moines, IA runs out of iPads there are 10000 posts on here about how that must mean release is imminent, but yet when Amazon.com, a company who has not run out of stock at all in the last year, that's not evidence of something (maybe something small even) is in the works? They're not out of stock, the SKU is GONE from their system. Amazon is likely Apple's largest non-Apple seller of MacBook Air, they don't just delete the SKU.

UPDATE: Now even J&R is reporting shipping delays "Processing takes an additional 3 to 4 days" that was NOT listed this morning.

UPDATE 2: LOOK! J&R.com now shows shipping "Expected to Ship 4/2/12"

Maybe once everyone's stock is gone people will finally realize every avalanche starts with one snowflake. Just because you don't WANT your current gen MBA to be legacy doesn't mean you can say it won't be so and make it happen.

heisenberg123
Mar 28, 2012, 02:52 PM
I love how when a Best Buy store in Des Moines, IA runs out of iPads there are 10000 posts on here about how that must mean release is imminent, but yet when Amazon.com, a company who has not run out of stock at all in the last year, that's not evidence of something (maybe something small even) is in the works? They're not out of stock, the SKU is GONE from their system. Amazon is likely Apple's largest non-Apple seller of MacBook Air, they don't just delete the SKU.

UPDATE: Now even J&R is reporting shipping delays "Processing takes an additional 3 to 4 days" that was NOT listed this morning.

UPDATE 2: LOOK! J&R.com now shows shipping "Expected to Ship 4/2/12"

Maybe once everyone's stock is gone people will finally realize every avalanche starts with one snowflake. Just because you don't WANT your current gen MBA to be legacy doesn't mean you can say it won't be so and make it happen.

4/2/12 is this Monday

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 02:56 PM
4/2/12 is this Monday

Yeah. Do you need a big sign that says "SOMETHING IS UP!" to tell you there's something in the works?

= Amazon deleted their SKU for the 256.

= J&R ships all other macs TODAY but the 256 April 2?

Common... if this was an iPhone people would already be lined up at the store in speculation, haha.

:-)

heisenberg123
Mar 28, 2012, 03:01 PM
Yeah. Do you need a big sign that says "SOMETHING IS UP!" to tell you there's something in the works?

= Amazon deleted their SKU for the 256.

= J&R ships all other macs TODAY but the 256 April 2?

Common... if this was an iPhone people would already be lined up at the store in speculation, haha.

:-)

so how is J&R geting a replentishment to resume shipping on Monday but the hot shots at amazon are not geting any?

bogatyr
Mar 28, 2012, 03:02 PM
Just because you don't WANT your current gen MBA to be legacy doesn't mean you can say it won't be so and make it happen.
Considering mine is within its return period, I'd be quite happy if the new laptops came out in the next two weeks :P

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 03:04 PM
so how is J&R geting a replentishment to resume shipping on Monday but the hot shots at amazon are not geting any?

Ugh, you're absolutely ridiculous. Amazon has a different SKU for every apple laptop, so if there's any change, they issue a new sku. Other sellers don't necessarily, and if they do, it's common practice that if they know a new one is coming out, to continue selling with a later ship date, just like Amazon often does. Nobody's going to complain if they get a better laptop than they ordered. Jeez. Seriously.

----------

Considering mine is within its return period, I'd be quite happy if the new laptops came out in the next two weeks :P

Yeah, definitely. :-)

heisenberg123
Mar 28, 2012, 03:10 PM
Ugh, you're absolutely ridiculous. Amazon has a different SKU for every apple laptop, so if there's any change, they issue a new sku. Other sellers don't necessarily, and if they do, it's common practice that if they know a new one is coming out, to continue selling with a later ship date, just like Amazon often does. Nobody's going to complain if they get a better laptop than they ordered. Jeez. Seriously.

----------

Yeah, definitely. :-)

:D

so new ones coming before 4/2/12?

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 03:12 PM
:D

so new ones coming before 4/2/12?

No clue, by new it could be a friggin redesigned power cord or more RAM, who knows. Obviously it's not going to be a huge refresh, lol. Obviously it's not a sure thing, time will tell. Cause if they do the refresh on store.apple.com Tuesday, Monday shipping from third parties would make sense. It's how it's worked in the past.

paulrbeers
Mar 28, 2012, 03:36 PM
Nope, but if today's lineup is $999\$1199 on the 11's for 64\128, it's EXTREMELY probable that they'd go to 128\256 for the same price. And increasing the RAM is a given.

Anyhow...

I have a hard time believing that Apple would both double the RAM AND double the SSD for "free" on the next model. One or the other, but not both. As far as SSD, when was the last time they even upped their standard amount of Flash memory in their idevices? The iPhone finally got a 64GB version, but only at an increase in cost.... The "base" model still comes with 16GB. Memory wise in their computers, all come with 4GB as standard with a single Air and Mini models so I really don't see 8GB suddenly becoming the standard in the Air, unless they upgrade all of their laptops and desktops.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 03:37 PM
I have a hard time believing that Apple would both double the RAM AND double the SSD for "free" on the next model. One or the other, but not both.

It's not "free" you pay for it, it's just as technology improves your dollar buys more for the same price. If they raised prices every spec bump a macbook air would be about $7000 by now haha

There's a possibility of them bumping the "ultimate" to 384... would be an unusual move but who knows.

shadowjeff
Mar 28, 2012, 03:52 PM
they are just out of stock, not a sign of anything at all. The new air will most probably come out in July.

Well only if they are merging the air and the pro line together, then this thread will makes sense. The pro is due to come out within this 2 months i guess.

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 03:53 PM
they are just out of stock, not a sign of anything at all. The new air will most probably come out in July.

Well only if they are merging the air and the pro line together, then this thread will makes sense. The pro is due to come out within this 2 months i guess.

Right, because being out of stock at multiple dealers of a 9 month old product that's always been in stock and supply always having trumped demand isn't odd or anything... *rollseyes*

axu539
Mar 28, 2012, 04:19 PM
Right, because being out of stock at multiple dealers of a 9 month old product that's always been in stock and supply always having trumped demand isn't odd or anything... *rollseyes*

It perplexes me how belligerent you are with everybody in this thread. Can't we all just have a nice discussion without you rolling your eyes?

shenan1982
Mar 28, 2012, 04:22 PM
It perplexes me how belligerent you are with everybody in this thread. Can't we all just have a nice discussion without you rolling your eyes?

It perplexes me how people become so defensive that something just CAN'T be.

Clearly there's a reason for Amazon to discontinue the SKU, and for J&R to be quoting a 3-4 day shipping delay. As old as this product is, one can only assume it means something besides normal supply chain shortages.

Yeah, we all want our current gen models to be the latest and greatest forever, but face the fact that the MBA is due for refresh on Apple's recently accelerated refresh timeline for MBA.

I'm not belligerent, I'm just not arguing for the sake of arguing, and I know enough about Amazon that they don't remove skus for no reason if something goes out of stock.

jmgregory1
Mar 28, 2012, 11:00 PM
Wow - is it hump day or what? What made people want to go to battle on this? As a rumor site - people report things that could possibly be true, or not. That's kind of the point, no? Maybe there will be a refresh in the coming days, or weeks or months.

Maybe new Airs will have better chips, graphics, more ram, more storage, same prices, lower prices, higher prices, bigger screens, better screens, better battery, lighter weight, heavier weight, better speaker(s), mobile data (and phone capabilities). What I'd like right now is a beer - a Daisy Cutter would do just fine.

bcaslis
Mar 28, 2012, 11:29 PM
It perplexes me how people become so defensive that something just CAN'T be.

Clearly there's a reason for Amazon to discontinue the SKU, and for J&R to be quoting a 3-4 day shipping delay. As old as this product is, one can only assume it means something besides normal supply chain shortages.

Yeah, we all want our current gen models to be the latest and greatest forever, but face the fact that the MBA is due for refresh on Apple's recently accelerated refresh timeline for MBA.

I'm not belligerent, I'm just not arguing for the sake of arguing, and I know enough about Amazon that they don't remove skus for no reason if something goes out of stock.

I have never so many antagonizing defensive replies in a single thread. There aren't going to be new MBAs next week. If there are you can call everyone else wrong. But there aren't. Apple never, ever release new models on a Monday no matter how small the update. Not going to happen. Not sure what happened that suddenly made you the Mac expert but I've been using Macs since 1985. There will be a MBA update someday but not in the next week.

Jb07
Mar 28, 2012, 11:42 PM
You can stop insulting everyone who disagrees with you now, because they are back in stock....:rolleyes:

urkel
Mar 29, 2012, 10:01 AM
I have never so many antagonizing defensive replies in a single thread.
hey! Don't discourage him! I actually agree that an update may come sooner than expected but Just because Amazon and Best Buy now have the 256GB model back in stock doesnt mean his rants should end. This is easily one of the most entertaining threads in a while due to his overboard replies.

heisenberg123
Mar 29, 2012, 12:00 PM
You can stop insulting everyone who disagrees with you now, because they are back in stock....:rolleyes:

good find

/thread