Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

itunesupdate.jpg

Apple has issued a version update for iTunes which addresses a number of bugs:
iTunes 10.6.1 provides a number of improvements, including:

- Fixes several issues that may cause iTunes to unexpectedly quit while playing videos, changing artwork size in Grid view, and syncing photos to devices.
- Addresses an issue where some iTunes interface elements are incorrectly described by VoiceOver and WindowEyes.
- Fixes a problem where iTunes may become unresponsive while syncing iPod nano or iPod shuffle.
- Resolves an ordering problem while browsing TV episodes in your iTunes library on Apple TV.
The update is available through OS X's Software Update.

Article Link: Apple Releases iTunes 10.6.1 Update

CubusX

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2009
Wirelessly posted

What about the issue with the extended time it takes to begin the sync of an iPhone on 5.1 that has iTunes Match turned on? It takes a few minutes to find and connect the iPhone.

It's not a network issue because with a freshly restored iPhone with iTunes Match turned off the sync works flawlessly.

jayducharme

macrumors 601
Jun 22, 2006
The thick of it
I've been using iTunes as a video player on a lobby screen, and it's been really unstable in the past, often crashing for no apparent reason. It's been better behaved over the past several months, so I hope this update works as well.

[EDIT: I noticed that my iPhone and iPad appear much faster now when syncing. Woohoo!]

Last edited:

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
Good to know they fixed the photo syncing bug! iTunes was freezing and refusing to sync any of my Aperture projects to my new iPad. Now if they can work on the horribly slow NAS behavior introduced for network libraries since 10.6, tha'd be terrific...

blevins321

macrumors 68030
Dec 24, 2010
Detroit, MI
I've been using iTunes as a video player on a lobby screen, and it's been really unstable in the past, often crashing for no apparent reason. It's been better behaved over the past several months, so I hope this update works as well.

The new VLC 2.0 has a really nice video queueing system..you might want to give that a shot :)

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
Wirelessly posted

What about the issue with the extended time it takes to begin the sync of an iPhone on 5.1 that has iTunes Match turned on? It takes a few minutes to find and connect the iPhone.

It's not a network issue because with a freshly restored iPhone with iTunes Match turned off the sync works flawlessly.

I wish they would fix it... my iPhone takes forever to sync. 9 times out of 10 it just times out and fails.

weaponofgod

macrumors member
Jul 4, 2008
NC
I hope it address the issue with Match not being available on Apple TV and having to restart to get it to work.

richardsonrs

macrumors regular
Jul 1, 2010
Wirelessly posted

They need to fix AirPlay from PC to my Denon AVR that 10.5 broke. AirPlay works fine from my iPhone to AVR but not my PC. Unless I downgrade to 10.4.xx and lose iTunes match.

thisrocks

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Melbourne Australia
How about iTunes showing that my devices have double the amount of Music than what they actually do when I make any changes?

Is that fixed? I'll find out later tonight, but I'm sure I'm not the only one facing this - both my iPad and iPhone are affected.

(I really do love you iTunes Match - You're not perfect, but damn it's a good feature)

RalfTheDog

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2010
Lagrange Point
I was hoping this update would give my 27 inch iMac a Retina display and convert my HD into a SSD. No luck. When will Apple ever get one of these updates right?

MacSince1990

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2009
I like how this is news. As if it's more likely we'd open MacRumors than open iTunes and have it tell us to update....

sulliweb

macrumors 6502
Mar 13, 2011
I like how this is news. As if it's more likely we'd open MacRumors than open iTunes and have it tell us to update....

My iTunes runs on an HTPC machine. I check it every couple of days, so yes, I found out about the update from MacRumors. Still, probably more of a sidebar article, given they never actually posted a story on the out of order tv seasons. Regardless, I'm glad they posted it. Not everyone constantly checks iTunes or Apple Software Update... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.