Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
if you turned the volume down on your computer before you shut it down then there is no sound, it does this with all macs.

scem0

macrumors 604
Jul 16, 2002
back in NYC!
I might have just imagined this, but I thought I had read something that said that there is no start up chime on the eMacs, and some other computers. I might have imagined this, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Oh God... Im getting senile and I am only 15.

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
i thought the only way to disable the startup chime completely was to have something in the headphones/speaker jack... could be wrong tho.. so it could be hardware, there's a little switch that tells the computer if something's plugged in...

by the way, i have to say again that one of the things i miss most about classic macs were the different chimes. the 6100s were my favorite... that "twang"...

:)
pnw

RBMaraman

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2002
New Albany, IN
Originally posted by scem0
I thought I had read something that said that there is no start up chime on the eMacs, and some other computers.

You must have read it in "Imaginary Magazine." I just started one up in the campus Mac lab, and the startup sound graced me with its presence. I'm not sure about others though. I think all Macs have the startup sound.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
Originally posted by scem0
I might have just imagined this, but I thought I had read something that said that there is no start up chime on the eMacs, and some other computers. I might have imagined this, but I could have sworn I read that somewhere...

Oh God... Im getting senile and I am only 15.
OFF TOPIC: heh 15 im older than you :D I'm 16, anywho, what kind of Mac do u have?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.