Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wcbrownhound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Middle Tennessee
:confused::confused::confused:A little help. Just bought a MM with lion 10.7.3 about a month ago. I am very disappointed. I can't believe apple has done this. I have a iMac with SL on it and it is great. (Not going in to a ramp.) Question 1. I would like to know is the MM will run leopard? I have the install disk and if it will run it is the 2 disk all I need? Question 2. Will lion run Roxio toast 11 Titanium? THANKS A BUNCH IN ADVANCE.:confused::confused::confused:

wcbrownhound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Middle Tennessee

The two leopard disks I have. One reads Mac OSX install disk i and the other reads Mac OSX install disk 2. Both say replacement DVD. Not For Sale. I got these disk from Apple two years ago when the Macbook I have was in the middle of a divorce and I was not sure I was going to get them back. I told Apple about this and they sent them to me free of charge. They have never been used. I did get the original two back from her that came with the Mac Book. I understand when a Mac is paired with a pair of disk they won't work on another one. Is this true?
I also have a Snow Leopard upgrade disk I purchased at Best Buys to upgrade the MacBook.
What about the Roxio toast 11 titanium? Will it work on lion? The main reason I don't like lion is the IDVD app is gone. My bad. If I had known I would not have purchased it. Thanks Again.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2010
located
I could not find the post you are referring to. Thanks

To find the post number:
2012_04_08_pA1_postnumberindicators.png

----------

The two leopard disks I have. One reads Mac OSX install disk i and the other reads Mac OSX install disk 2. Both say replacement DVD. Not For Sale. I got these disk from Apple two years ago when the Macbook I have was in the middle of a divorce and I was not sure I was going to get them back. I told Apple about this and they sent them to me free of charge. They have never been used. I did get the original two back from her that came with the Mac Book. I understand when a Mac is paired with a pair of disk they won't work on another one. Is this true?
I also have a Snow Leopard upgrade disk I purchased at Best Buys to upgrade the MacBook.
What about the Roxio toast 11 titanium? Will it work on lion? The main reason I don't like lion is the IDVD app is gone. My bad. If I had known I would not have purchased it. Thanks Again.

Roxio Toast works wit Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
To get iDVD, you either purchase iLife via the Apple Online Store or contact Apple again and ask them, why there is no iDVD included. In most cases I have read, Apple was kind enough to send an iLife DVD with iDVD on it.

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
On the Apple site forums, there is a thread with over 70,000 views about if the mac mini that came with lion can be reverted back to Snow Leopard. I have read a lot of it and my take is, it probably isn't worth the trouble unless you want a real challenge. I would be very interested if you can get it done and how you did it.
If you can find the right drivers and kext files, my understanding is the newest MM can run SL.

Last edited:

wcbrownhound

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 24, 2009
Middle Tennessee
On the Apple site forums, there is a thread with over 70,000 views about if the mac mini that came with lion can be reverted back to Snow Leopard. I have read a lot of it and my take is, it probably isn't worth the trouble unless you want a real challenge. I would be very interested if you can get it done and how you did it.
If you can find the right drivers and kext files, my understanding is the newest MM can run SL.[/QUOTE
I thought all you needed was the two install disk?????????????????

----------

To find the post number:

----------

Roxio Toast works wit Mac OS X 10.7 Lion.
To get iDVD, you either purchase iLife via the Apple Online Store or contact Apple again and ask them, why there is no iDVD included. In most cases I have read, Apple was kind enough to send an iLife DVD with iDVD on it.
I have been all over Apples Store and there is no IDVD or ILife on it. I tried the search bar and also looked over it the best I knew how. They used to be on it but they are gone now. How about a link. I call Apple and they told me Idvd was no longer available. I tries Adobe Premier Elements 10 and it would get to 52% and quit. I guess I will try Toast Thanks Again

Martyimac

macrumors 68020
Aug 19, 2009
S. AZ.
If you can find the right drivers and kext files, my understanding is the newest MM can run SL.[/QUOTE
I thought all you needed was the two install disk?????????????????

----------

I have been all over Apples Store and there is no IDVD or ILife on it. I tried the search bar and also looked over it the best I knew how. They used to be on it but they are gone now. How about a link. I call Apple and they told me Idvd was no longer available. I tries Adobe Premier Elements 10 and it would get to 52% and quit. I guess I will try Toast Thanks Again
No, I don't think you can just install an older OS. Apples policy has always been that a machine can't run an older OS than what it shipped with. The thread on the Apple support forums says otherwise but it isn't just a pop a disk in and install scenario.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.