Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

andy_bernstein

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 26, 2003
Santa Monica, CA
Hello,

I'd like to know if anyone is aware of a PCI card for Macintosh which would provide me with 2 RCA (L+R) OUT of fair to good / excellent quality.

I miss by Beige G3 with its personality card (and the RCA OUT / IN) + the sound quality wasn't too bad. Now I'm using a MOTU 828 with my main Macintosh G4 but I miss the RCA OUT for my other Macintosh systems (I have several B/W G3s which act as slaves to the G4).

Anyway, I did some research on Ebay but nothing interesting came out. I know that M-Audio sells PCI Audio cards for Mac (OWC has good prices on them) but there's no RCA out (there is 5.1, 7.1, etc... but I'm mostly looking for an RCA OUT).

Does anyone know of a PCI card for B/W G3 and early G4s that could help ?

Thank you,

Andrew.

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
You know, you could have just gotten a $3 adapter at Radio Shack that would have been just fine quaility....

Crikey

macrumors 6502
Jan 14, 2004
Spencer's Butte, Oregon
Someone I know has an M-Audio 2496 in her G4 tower, and it works fine (she is still running 10.3.something, probably). You probably want to check M-Audio's Web site for driver updates if you are running Tiger.

Sounds like the previous poster didn't get that you want the RCA outs on different Macs than the one you have your MOTU hooked to. I chuckled at his sig, though.

Crikey

MacFan25863

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
Crikey said:
Sounds like the previous poster didn't get that you want the RCA outs on different Macs than the one you have your MOTU hooked to. I chuckled at his sig, though.

Crikey

Ahh...thats what you get for not sleeping for almost a day and a half AND having massive Jetlag at the same time....

I should go sleep.....

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
MacFan25863 said:
You know, you could have just gotten a $3 adapter at Radio Shack that would have been just fine quaility....

Seriously... why wouldn't someone just buy the adapter?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.