Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KC Walker

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 14, 2012
I'm trying to decide on which writing app to purchase. I have looked at
-docs to go
-pages
-quick
-office something

I'm totally confused now. Please someone help me with my decision. I must have spell and maybe grammar check. I hope to use all three features equally (word, excel and power point). I'm a new apple user so I have basic PC experience. I've never own an apple product other than my old iPhone 3. Please respond as soon as possible.

matbook101

macrumors 6502
I'm trying to decide on which writing app to purchase. I have looked at
-docs to go
-pages
-quick
-office something

I'm totally confused now. Please someone help me with my decision. I must have spell and maybe grammar check. I hope to use all three features equally (word, excel and power point). I'm a new apple user so I have basic PC experience. I've never own an apple product other than my old iPhone 3. Please respond as soon as possible.

If you want everything to sync up all nice i'd go with pages.

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
pages+goodreader+dropbox+evernote do me very well on the note taking side of things.

evernotes presentation could be a little more streamlined or at least offer it.
page is really nice for creating documents quickly. then export to my dropbox as a pages file and/or a pdf file.
in GR (linked to dropbox) i can then edit the pages file via opening it pages then exporting to my free webDAV account (linked to dropbox) or annotate it via GR as a PDF.

All this is synced to my dropbox on my mac/iphone/ipad AND i also have a few copies of the documents in icloud for good measure.

iClive

macrumors regular
Feb 23, 2012
UK
pages+goodreader+dropbox+evernote do me very well on the note taking side of things.

evernotes presentation could be a little more streamlined or at least offer it.
page is really nice for creating documents quickly. then export to my dropbox as a pages file and/or a pdf file.
Could you expand on this please.

I'm trying to sync Pages with Dropbox but the "Share and Print" options do not include Dropbox :confused:

aoaaron

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2010
Sign up for a WebDAV account. I used a free one from otixo.com and it's been brilliant so far. Then just punch those details int pages.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.