Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
First off, I get the fact that I am posting on Mac Forums, but I wanted to see if anyone has thought of buying the Lumina 900 and if so maybe you can give me some advise.

Ive been on the iPhone since the begining. I have an iMac, Macbook Pro and an iPad. Im getting a bit bored with the iPhone and really want to try this 900. The only thing that is holding me back is my contacts and iCal. I dont have a google account I have a icloud account. I set up a ive account and I understand that I can upload my contacts there. The issue is when I add a contact or a calendar event I dont think it will update my iMac and all my other devices automatically like it does now. Is there anyone in my situation that can advise on a work around?

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
I have the lumia 900 as well. Unfortunately it's a pain to get things to synch.

With my contacts, I had to synch my Google Contacts with Live account. You can't just download a .csv file and upload to microsoft like Yahoo or Google let you.

With Calendar's you are out of luck (I think). I think Microsoft wants you to use their products like Office to synch your calendars (for obvious reasons).

wayneholbrook

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2010
Miami Florida
I have the lumia 900 as well. Unfortunately it's a pain to get things to synch.

With my contacts, I had to synch my Google Contacts with Live account. You can't just download a .csv file and upload to microsoft like Yahoo or Google let you.

With Calendar's you are out of luck (I think). I think Microsoft wants you to use their products like Office to synch your calendars (for obvious reasons).

Thank you for your response.

How do you like the Lumina? I assume you came from an iPhone?

Vell843

macrumors regular
Jun 20, 2011
Wayne, here an article I think may help you, I found it on 9 to 5 Mac and it let you demo the interface of a windows phone

http://9to5mac.com/2011/11/29/heres-how-you-can-try-out-windows-phone-on-your-iphone/

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.