PDA

View Full Version : Video Converters

Espnetboy3
Jul 4, 2005, 02:46 PM
Is there any converter software out there (demo or freeware) that will let me convert my avi to mpg so I can then burn it to play in a dvd player?

abrooks
Jul 4, 2005, 03:12 PM
Try versiontracker.com or macupdate.com

live4ever
Jul 4, 2005, 03:18 PM
ffmpegX will do it.
http://homepage.mac.com/major4/

Espnetboy3
Jul 4, 2005, 05:11 PM
Wow ill give ffmpegX a shot. I never knew it was free for some reason I always thought you had to buy it.

ClarkeB
Jul 4, 2005, 08:49 PM
ffMpegX is the only way to go.

geofcoulson
Jul 5, 2005, 02:08 PM
Hi
If you look at my thread about mpeg to video converter(next to this posting), I have had similar suggestions.
I have now got ffmpegX to work, albiet every time I enter the programme I have to tell it where to find mpeg2enc.
This is all quiet new to me also and it seems as tho someone could kindly write a step by step way of converting and burning.....I still have not found a suitable way of either mpeg or avi to convert to a VIDEO_TS file....perhaps I am just computer illiterate!!! but ffmpegX does give too many confusing alternatives...so I keep trying different conversions.....if I succeed, I will post back......BUT in the meantime would some kind soul PLEASE write a step by step instruction.....reading other posts, its obvious that there are a number of us thickies out here!!
Geoff Coulson

Espnetboy3
Jul 5, 2005, 06:38 PM
Actually that is a good idea geof. I havent used it yet but I did download it and launched the proggy and it looks pretty serious so that step by step would help.