PDA

View Full Version : Query about Zagg company - what is on-hold?

Abazigal
Apr 26, 2012, 07:38 AM
Hi all, this is a request for information from people who have placed orders with zagg online before.

I placed an order for their zaggfolio earlier this Monday. According to their website, it would ship from their warehouse from 23-24th April (Monday or Tuesday). However, as of today, the status of my order is still on hold, which is ironic, considering there is a "ships by 24th" message right beside it.

I am not sure what is taking them so long to QC my order anyways. Is this a ruse where they hold out for more orders so they can save on shipping? I have just emailed their company for a response, but thought I would consult the people here about their experiences dealing with said company as well.

Basically, how long does it take for them to ship their stuff? I might come across as sounding a tad anxious, but I am a newb to this online buying stuff, so I am unsure if this is considered usual practice?

If it helps, I live in Singapore (so yeah, I am paying a pretty penny for their shipping fees). :(

Thanks all for your responses. :)

beady
Apr 26, 2012, 08:45 AM
I placed an order on the 17th and it instantly was placed on hold. The next day it said that it would ship on the 26th and today I got an email saying that it had done so, but won't arrive until between the 3rd and 5th of May.

Pretty poor form imo. Two and a half weeks is a bit long.They obviously wait until they have a few orders in the one area to cut down on costs.

Menel
Apr 26, 2012, 08:50 AM
1. few of us will have experience with shipping to Singapore.

2. They are no Amazon, small business, their logistics are probably limited.

I only have one ordering experience with ZAGG. USPS lost my order, sent their support an email and they fast tracked me a replacement. They were good and responsive.

Abazigal
Apr 26, 2012, 09:12 AM
So I should give myself roughly 3 weeks. Thanks for the heads up. I know they are no Apple (nor do I expect them to be) in terms of logistics, but I thought they should be more upfront with their delivery dates.

Thanks again. :)

Abazigal
Apr 27, 2012, 05:43 PM
Latest update - shipping date pushed back to fourth may.