PDA

View Full Version : PDF Max Pro is free today. Hurry up!

pdfmax
May 13, 2012, 01:20 PM
PDF Max Pro is free today https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-pro-fill-forms-annotate/id552664144?mt=8. Enjoy & Please help us with 5* ratings. Thank you!

----------------------------------
What's New in Version 2.0:

• Compatible with iOS 6 & iPhone 5.

• Superior performance - Meets the speedy & responsive PDF Max!

• Amazing Realistic Ink plus a better zoom-in writing mode: Writing in PDF Max is a joy now! It’s more convenient & enjoyable to write notes using your finger or a stylus. Your handwriting looks remarkable neat, detailed and crisp even when zoomed. Option to select between Left to Right or Right to Left writing direction.

• Global Eraser & Lasso Tools for Inks.

• Sign documents: Use your permanent signature or one-time signature for your customers.

• Easy to insert new pages with six cool pre-defined papers.

• More Fonts and Colors available when editing Rich-Text-Format Freetexts.

• Option to email document when touching an email-address.

• iPhone Landscape mode support.

• Many bug fixes and enhancements.

Available on the AppStore
* Free Edition (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pdf-max-fill-forms-annotate/id540572073?ls=1&mt=8)
* Pro Edition (http://itunes.apple.com/app/pdf-max-pro-fill-forms-annotate/id552664144?mt=8)

http://a5.mzstatic.com/us/r1000/108/Purple/v4/b7/91/fa/b791fa33-9c4c-b496-afd3-2066641e14c0/mza_894365736316642841.480x480-75.jpg

PDF Max is an eloquently straightforward PDF DOCUMENT MANAGEMENT and NOTE TAKING solution, providing busy users the power to keep, sync, annotate, fill forms and organize a full PDF document library on the go. An all-in-one mobile PDF hub, PDF Max boasts a practical user interface, multiple document organizing features, a variety of professional note-taking utilities, as well as voice recording options.

With PDF Max, you can:

★ FILL PDF FORMS: Highly advanced form-filling features that support complex form field validations & calculations are on hand within the app to help users handle filling out many different documents such as AcroForm & Static XFA forms among others.

★ TAKE NOTES: PDF Max was built from the ground up to make taking notes on and sharing PDF docs a breeze on iOS. The app features a variety of touch-based and type-based note taking options which together enable users to mark up and work on specific documents. In fact, boasting an innovative ZOOM-IN handwriting mode, PDF Max gives users the power to draft handwritten notes quickly while conveniently keeping their notes small yet legible.

★ SYNC YOUR DOCUMENTS & ANNOTATIONS ACROSS YOUR DEVICES LIKE NO OTHERS:
You can now annotate on your iPad 2 at home, on your iPhone on the go, and on your new iPad at work. All your changes are synced to other devices without transferring the whole PDF document. Only changes are exchanged, thus making the synchronization fast and saving you bandwidth on the go. You can access your documents and all your annotations anytime, anywhere ;-)

★ CREATE RICH-TEXT TYPEWRITER - (a.k.a FREETEXT):
Use PDF Max to create Rich-Text-Format content on any PDF page, including images. Furthermore, PDF Max is the only iOS PDF application at this time that supports Rich Text Format Typewriters from Adobe® Acrobat®.

★ MARK UP TEXT:
Mark important things in books, journals or documents using Highlight, Underline, Cross-out and Squiggly tools.

★ RECORD SOUND:
Marking up might take time, why not just create voice memos and embed them into the final PDF, making your work easier than ever.

★ CREATE NOTES AND CONVERSATIONS:
Add comments anywhere in the document. PDF Max even supports thread-conversations to help you collaborate with others like never before.

★ DRAW WITH YOUR FINGER:
Use your finger or a stylus to take handwritten notes or highlight text in books, whether normal PDF or scanned. An Eraser is of course also included to help you correct and refine your handwriting.

★ DRAW ANY SHAPE:
Draw, position and resize a multitude of shapes, including Rectangles, Lines, Ovals, Polylines, and Polygons with intelligent snapping.

★ MANAGE PAGES/OUTLINES/BOOKMARKS/PDF LINKS:
You can reorder pages, insert blank pages and even delete PDF pages. PDF Max is the only application for iOS that allows you to create & manage PDF Outlines & PDF Links.

PDF Max allows to you download PDFs and Zip files from storage services such as iTunes, Dropbox, and any web site using its built-in Browser.

After annotating, PDFs can be uploaded to Dropbox or Sent to anyone via Email. You can also choose to export your work as “PDFs with EDITABLE ANNOTATIONS” or “FLATTENED PDFs” for easy reading on any PDF readers.

wadjj
May 13, 2012, 04:13 PM
In such a already overcrowded market, if you don't have a killer feature, don't bother

pdfmax
May 14, 2012, 12:00 AM
In such a already overcrowded market, if you don't have a killer feature, don't bother

Thanks man. We understand that but we believe in our direction ;-)

wadjj
May 14, 2012, 03:56 AM
Then I'd be happy to see what you can come up with. The only great leap forward I can think of would be a combine of PDF Expert'UI and detail and GoodReader's functionality. But I doubt if it's possible because of the resource constraint.

----------

Just a headsup, a lot of apps(including GoodReader so far) can't deal with superscripts properly when highlighting, I don't understand why that's hard. See if you can do that right.

davidhood
May 14, 2012, 11:18 AM
i'd be interested in a reader that let's me see thumbnails of the book cover, like Ibooks. All the PDF readers I've seen have a poor UI. Ibooks pdf rendering is not very fast.

If I was a developer, I'd develop a great reader, grow the installed base, then add markup and advanced features as the base grows. Many of the apps I've seen try add 10 levels of functions before they get the first few levels developed properly.

matt90036
May 14, 2012, 01:25 PM
I think you got a lot of competition here from PDF expert and iAnnotate. Some features that are missing in one or both of above apps:
Here are some core problems with current top PDF readers
- iAnnotate has poor UI especially when it comes to synching
- PDF expert lacks smooth scrolling
- Both lack custom thumbnails for the PDF files
- Both lack support for skydrive or google docs
- Both don't simple one click document signing, dating, address, etc feature such as docusign has
Must have features for your PDF
- amazingly fast rendering engine
- preindexing and prerendering of large PDFs
- searching within 500 pages shouldn't take more than 30 seconds
- support for Dropbox
After perfect your PDF reader you could add additional features which would help it distinguish from other.
- simple note taking
- simple one click anywhere note taking on PDF
- converting PDFs to JPEG
- converting word to PDF
Most of all a killer app would combine all of these features, would all of them very well but with very very simple UI. Only then I would be willing to spend another $9.99.

epicmar
May 15, 2012, 12:00 PM
Can you create an app with iAnnotate's great interface and features, add note taking app quality handwriting annotation, and todo/reminder functionality - that would be my ultimate business app. I have so many reference files and constantly get new files that I need to review and provide feedback/edits or read just for the information it contains that the great handwriting functionality and the ability to add due dates to files so that I can keep track of what I have to deal with would be great! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. If your development plans capture what I describe, I would be glad to be a beta tester.

pdfmax
May 15, 2012, 08:29 PM
Then I'd be happy to see what you can come up with. The only great leap forward I can think of would be a combine of PDF Expert'UI and detail and GoodReader's functionality. But I doubt if it's possible because of the resource constraint.

----------

Just a headsup, a lot of apps(including GoodReader so far) can't deal with superscripts properly when highlighting, I don't understand why that's hard. See if you can do that right.

i'd be interested in a reader that let's me see thumbnails of the book cover, like Ibooks. All the PDF readers I've seen have a poor UI. Ibooks pdf rendering is not very fast.

If I was a developer, I'd develop a great reader, grow the installed base, then add markup and advanced features as the base grows. Many of the apps I've seen try add 10 levels of functions before they get the first few levels developed properly.

I think you got a lot of competition here from PDF expert and iAnnotate. Some features that are missing in one or both of above apps:
- Both lack support for skydrive or google docs
- Both don't simple one click document signing, dating, address, etc feature such as docusign has
Must have features for your PDF
- amazingly fast rendering engine
- preindexing and prerendering of large PDFs
- searching within 500 pages shouldn't take more than 30 seconds
- support for Dropbox
After perfect your PDF reader you could add additional features which would help it distinguish from other.
- simple note taking
- simple one click anywhere note taking on PDF
- converting PDFs to JPEG
- converting word to PDF
Most of all a killer app would combine all of these features, would all of them very well but with very very simple UI. Only then I would be willing to spend another $9.99.

Thanks for great feedbacks, guys. We are trying to do our best and we're very proud on what're doing. We can give the beta access for you guys to take a look if you're okie. :)

----------

Can you create an app with iAnnotate's great interface and features, add note taking app quality handwriting annotation, and todo/reminder functionality - that would be my ultimate business app. I have so many reference files and constantly get new files that I need to review and provide feedback/edits or read just for the information it contains that the great handwriting functionality and the ability to add due dates to files so that I can keep track of what I have to deal with would be great! Look forward to seeing what you come up with. If your development plans capture what I describe, I would be glad to be a beta tester.

We are actually in testing of the version 1.0, scheduled to release in June (handwriting includes). In Phase III which we are working on, we offer "handwriting over PDF" with realistic ink style and zoom-in writing - it will be include in the next major update - v2.0 ( scheduled to release in August - 2012). We'd be glad to invite you to access the beta program, please contact us at pdfmaxapp@gmail.com . Thanks for your suggestions and we're looking forward to hearing from you. :)

pdfmax
May 15, 2012, 08:49 PM

----------

We hope this screenshot to give you answers on your issues:
http://www.pdfmaxapp.com/upload/superscript.png

wadjj
May 16, 2012, 12:38 PM
We hope this screenshot to give you answers on your issues:
Image (http://www.pdfmaxapp.com/upload/superscript.png)

Try with some complex maths equation, words alone aren't tricky enough.

pdfmax
May 16, 2012, 12:57 PM
Try with some complex maths equation, words alone aren't tricky enough.

Okie, we will try this. BTW, could you please send us your document for testing? :)

palpatine
May 16, 2012, 10:28 PM
iannotate is the best out there overall, with goodreader and pdf expert providing a solid experience, and their own strengths. what would get me to change?

faster rendering (scanned pdf files are slow) and the ability to highlight/copy vertical text (asian characters). so far, only android can do the latter.

i'd like to do beta testing. will email you.

wadjj
May 17, 2012, 02:31 AM
Okie, we will try this. BTW, could you please send us your document for testing? :)

tell me your email address, i can send you a university lecture slide i found trouble with

pdfmax
May 17, 2012, 06:05 AM
tell me your email address, i can send you a university lecture slide i found trouble with
Please send to pdfmaxapp@gmail.com
Thanks you very much!.

pdfmax
May 20, 2012, 09:19 AM
We still look for additional beta testers. Please contact us at pdfmaxapp@gmail.com ;)

pdfmax
May 24, 2012, 08:11 PM
Visit us at www.pdfmaxapp.com for updates.

sk1wbw
May 25, 2012, 06:14 AM

Rain on his parade, dude.:rolleyes:

wadjj
May 25, 2012, 07:09 AM
Rain on his parade, dude.:rolleyes:
Yeah but that's a sad truth.
Competition on pdf-related apps is so fierce, and the goddamn open-in list only allows eight or so to appear, so anything without a killer feature gets deleted within a few minutes on my iPad.

davidhood
May 25, 2012, 05:52 PM
I've found none of the available PDF apps makes a decent reader. They all seem to shoot for the hi-end with drawing, markup and signature tools but none make a fast intuitive readers.

I'd pay money for a good reader, as I find myself going back to the free Apple Ibooks.

pdfmax
May 28, 2012, 06:02 AM

http://www.pdfmaxapp.com/upload/markup-exp.png

Hope this answers your questions, Wadjii. :)

wadjj
May 28, 2012, 09:42 AM
Image (http://www.pdfmaxapp.com/upload/markup-exp.png)

Hope this answers your questions, Wadjii. :)

Um...no.
Please try highlighting the whole equation. Proper highlight IMO should be a whole yellow rectangle covering the equation, but most apps leave space, making the highlight seems broken.

sk1wbw
May 29, 2012, 06:25 AM
Um...no.
Please try highlighting the whole equation. Proper highlight IMO should be a whole yellow rectangle covering the equation, but most apps leave space, making the highlight seems broken.

Why not just put multiply highlight lines through the equation? I don't know too many people that have physical highlighters in different widths big enough to cover an equation that size with one stroke.

wadjj
May 29, 2012, 06:49 AM
Why not just put multiply highlight lines through the equation? I don't know too many people that have physical highlighters in different widths big enough to cover an equation that size with one stroke.

Because you can't, it's not free drawing type of highlighter as that in notability. What's more, physical practice shouldn't be the boundary but only the bottom line for virtual innovation. It's always right to wish for more and better, why settle if better is possible?

sk1wbw
May 29, 2012, 06:53 AM
Because you can't, it's not free drawing type of highlighter as that in notability. What's more, physical practice shouldn't be the boundary but only the bottom line for virtual innovation. It's always right to wish for more and better, why settle if better is possible?

Ah, I thought it was free drawing type of highlighter. I asked for a beta test invite, so hopefully they'll let me in on it.

wadjj
May 29, 2012, 07:00 AM
Ah, I thought it was free drawing type of highlighter. I asked for a beta test invite, so hopefully they'll let me in on it.

If it is, they drew a REALLY straight line. And BTW, I don't like that sort of highlighter, well, at least don't want it to be the only choice.

sk1wbw
May 29, 2012, 09:09 AM
If it is, they drew a REALLY straight line. And BTW, I don't like that sort of highlighter, well, at least don't want it to be the only choice.

I ain't picky. As long as it's highlighted, that's enough for me.

sk1wbw
Jun 2, 2012, 07:08 PM

Upon further messing around with other PDF apps, it depends on what type of PDF file you have as to whether or not you can draw a free hand hightlight or if it draws a perfectly straight highlighted line like that.

wadjj
Jun 2, 2012, 09:41 PM
Upon further messing around with other PDF apps, it depends on what type of PDF file you have as to whether or not you can draw a free hand hightlight or if it draws a perfectly straight highlighted line like that.

Are you sure it's not app-specific but file-specific? I never seem to experience
different types of highlight randomly in one app.

sk1wbw
Jun 2, 2012, 10:19 PM
Are you sure it's not app-specific but file-specific? I never seem to experience
different types of highlight randomly in one app.

Yeah, it's a file specific thing. Some files like corporate manuals are made with a certain PDF file type and some files are not. I've noticed this playing with both Remarks, PDF Expert and PDF Pen. Maybe someone else can explain it better.

I've noticed that some PDF files, when highlighted with the "highlighter" turn out to be straight lines while other PDF files look like an actual hand drawn highlighted line. I'm not sure what the specifics are.

pdfmax
Jun 12, 2012, 11:32 AM
Update:
2012-June-12: RC2 released! :cool:

http://www.pdfmaxapp.com/images/slide-b.jpg

sk1wbw
Jun 12, 2012, 11:40 AM
Looks pretty dang sharp but I haven't gotten a beta invite yet?

pdfmax
Jun 12, 2012, 10:07 PM
Looks pretty dang sharp but I haven't gotten a beta invite yet?

Wayne, sorry about that, I think that you are invited already. Perhaps, developers forgot to add your devices. Let's me double-check that.

sk1wbw
Jun 12, 2012, 10:55 PM
Wayne, sorry about that, I think that you are invited already. Perhaps, the build guys has forgot to add your devices. Let's me double-check that.

Yeah, I registed my iPad and everything but haven't gotten a response. If you need me to do it again, I will.

wadjj
Jun 13, 2012, 12:04 AM
Interesting,is the audio embedded in the pdf or just a link to a separate file? If it's the former I'd definitely wanna have a try! Integration is always good for productivity.

pdfmax
Jun 13, 2012, 12:15 AM
Interesting,is the audio embedded in the pdf or just a link to a separate file? If it's the former I'd definitely wanna have a try! Integration is always good for productivity.

Hello, audio is embedded within the PDF - you can listen them with other PDFs if they do support Audio annotations ;-). Of course, we are looking forward to welcoming you to take a look at the app as a beta tester ;-) :rolleyes:

----------

Yeah, I registed my iPad and everything but haven't gotten a response. If you need me to do it again, I will.

I double-checked and registered your devices already. We will release a new build at the end of today (GMT+7) and you will be informed automatically once the build is uploaded. Thanks and looking forward to hearing feedbacks from you, Wayne :cool:

wadjj
Jun 13, 2012, 05:31 AM
Hello, audio is embedded within the PDF - you can listen them with other PDFs if they do support Audio annotations ;-). Of course, we are looking forward to welcoming you to take a look at the app as a beta testers ;-) :rolleyes:

----------

I double-checked and registered your devices already. We will release a new build at the end of today (GMT+7) and you will be informed automatically once the build is uploaded. Thanks and looking forward to hearing feedbacks from you, Wayne :cool:

Sent you an email with UDID.:cool:

sk1wbw
Jun 13, 2012, 06:57 AM
Hello, audio is embedded within the PDF - you can listen them with other PDFs if they do support Audio annotations ;-). Of course, we are looking forward to welcoming you to take a look at the app as a beta testers ;-) :rolleyes:

----------

Thanks! busy week?

Benny-
Jun 13, 2012, 12:58 PM
I would love to try it out, my business is currently using PDF Expert to fill in work orders and for getting customers to sign them once the order is completed.

sk1wbw
Jun 13, 2012, 07:47 PM
Hello, audio is embedded within the PDF - you can listen them with other PDFs if they do support Audio annotations ;-). Of course, we are looking forward to welcoming you to take a look at the app as a beta tester ;-) :rolleyes:

----------

Okay, thanks I just downloaded it. I'm at work for another hour or so I'll play with it tonight and tomorrow.

pdfmax
Jun 16, 2012, 08:33 AM
I would love to try it out, my business is currently using PDF Expert to fill in work orders and for getting customers to sign them once the order is completed.

Hi, please send us an email to pdfmaxapp@gmail.com to get access to the beta, or contact us via http://www.facebook.com/pdfmaxapp

jlc1978
Jun 16, 2012, 09:39 AM

Try Remarks. While it doesn't do all of that I've found it to be a good combo of note taking and PDF markup app.

pdfmax
Jun 27, 2012, 08:03 PM
After months of working on the super-cool syncing feature with a lot of stability issues - it now works perfectly!

https://twitter.com/pdfmaxapp/status/217994984455012352/photo/1/large

pdfmax
Jul 13, 2012, 08:33 PM
Check out videos here :cool:
http://youtu.be/ky9jVdNnX3k
http://youtu.be/q2Q57F1Rj7I

pdfmax
Aug 4, 2012, 09:33 PM
Version is expected to come next week visit our website www.pdfmaxapp.com for updates ;)

dogthateats
Aug 4, 2012, 10:00 PM
it already says "5 stars on app store" on your website :confused:

pdfmax
Aug 5, 2012, 04:43 AM
it already says "5 stars on app store" on your website :confused:

Thanks guy. We will correct that.

pdfmax
Aug 6, 2012, 07:38 PM
PDF Max 1.0 is available on the AppStore now http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-annotate-sync-pdfs/id540572073?ls=1&mt=8

Let's know what you think ;-)

pdfmax
Aug 31, 2012, 10:54 AM
We are pleased to introduce the latest Sneak Peek video of upcoming PDF Max version. Watch the video to take an early look of our superb note-taking features, including “Zoom-in Writing Mode”, “Lasso Tool” and even more! Coming soon in September!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-RZR5CSNo&feature=player_embedded

If you enjoy the video please like it, leave a comment below & subscribe to our channel for the latest update.

Don’t forget to support us by:
*Download & experience PDF Max at the AppStore (http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-annotate-sync-pdf/id540572073?mt=8)
*Follow our Twitter (http://twitter.com/pdfmaxapp) channel
*Like & Join our Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/mbr.pdfmax) page

pdfmax
Sep 1, 2012, 09:22 PM
The option to upgrade to the Pro version in v1 was disabled. We apologize for the inconvenience that this may cause.

PDF Max 1.5 has been submitted to Apple and should go live soon. Stay tuned for more updated information!

t0rr3s
Sep 4, 2012, 06:44 AM
looking forward to the updated version. :)

pdfmax
Sep 5, 2012, 02:14 AM
looking forward to the updated version. :)

Thanks you. The update is expected to come next week, if there is no rejection from Apple. If you have further questions feel free to email us support@mobeera.com or simply follow our Twitter: https://twitter.com/pdfmaxapp :cool:

pdfmax
Sep 5, 2012, 03:47 AM
Folks, the second sneak peek of PDF Max 1.5 is here (http://www.mobeera.com/2012/09/05/sneak-peek-2-fill-complex-pdf-forms-in-pdf-max-1-5/). Watch the video to take an early look of the most advanced PDF form filling application for iOS! :cool:

pdfmax
Sep 7, 2012, 09:28 AM
PDF Max 1.5 is available on the AppStore now! Please have a look at here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id540572073

We would highly appreciate if you could give us your opinion about the new version of PDF Max by sending email to: support@mobeera.com. Thanks you for your support!

What's New in Version 1.5

This update is a big release of PDF Max. This version includes significant new features and a lot of improvements:

* Fill forms (support complex form field validation & calculation, AcroForm/Static XFA Form)
* Take notes easily & pro with Zoom-In (Close-Up) writing mode for Inks.
* Manage PDF Outlines & Bookmarks.
* Create PDFLinks.
* Photo annotations.
* Revamped Annotation List.
* The all-new text markup tool.

and a lot of enhancements.

jokerz126
Sep 7, 2012, 02:48 PM
how does this compare to PDF Expert? got PDF Expert for ipad, but not iphone...like that this is universal app

pdfmax
Sep 8, 2012, 07:41 AM
how does this compare to PDF Expert? got PDF Expert for ipad, but not iphone...like that this is universal app

Hello jokerz126,

Only PDF Max & PDF Expert are able to handle complex (Javascript powered) forms. PDF Max has some advantages comparing to PDF Expert:
- Professional note-taking features, please check this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-RZR5CSNo) for more info.
- Universal app with an amazing synchronization feature that allows you to keep your changes on all your devices.
- PDF Max has a different UI than PDF Expert, which we believe will make you feel more comfortable when working with PDF documents.
- There are some minor features that don't include in any PDF apps, you might easily find out yourself when trying PDF Max.

And furthermore, PDF Max designed to become an all-in-one app for Fill Forms, Annotate PDFs, Take Notes & Organize PDF Documents on the go. There are still more features coming soon.

Anyway, why don't you just give PDF Max a chance & experience the advanced features of our app ? It's FREE to download, just to remind you :cool: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-fill-forms-annotate/id540572073

oleg1521
Sep 12, 2012, 04:00 AM
PDF Expert is a very cool app

jokerz126
Sep 12, 2012, 11:50 PM
Hi pdfmax...I'm checking out your app and find the freehand text feature to be very weak in comparison to PDF experts version of freehand text. In PDF expert simply touch anywhere you want to place text and it lets you start typing right there. The new screen does not open up where you are unable to see your original PDF such as the case with your app. Are you aware of this weakness currently?

Hello jokerz126,

Only PDF Max & PDF Expert are able to handle complex (Javascript powered) forms. PDF Max has some advantages comparing to PDF Expert:
- Professional note-taking features, please check this video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vt-RZR5CSNo) for more info.
- Universal app with an amazing synchronization feature that allows you to keep your changes on all your devices.
- PDF Max has a different UI than PDF Expert, which we believe will make you feel more comfortable when working with PDF documents.
- There are some minor features that don't include in any PDF apps, you might easily find out yourself when trying PDF Max.

And furthermore, PDF Max designed to become an all-in-one app for Fill Forms, Annotate PDFs, Take Notes & Organize PDF Documents on the go. There are still more features coming soon.

Anyway, why don't you just give PDF Max a chance & experience the advanced features of our app ? It's FREE to download, just to remind you :cool: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-fill-forms-annotate/id540572073

pdfmax
Sep 13, 2012, 05:08 AM
PDF Expert is a very cool app

Hi oleg1521, have you try PDF Max yet? Our app has many excellent features too. You can see it here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-annotate-sync-pdfs/id540572073?ls=1&mt=8

Hi pdfmax...I'm checking out your app and find the freehand text feature to be very weak in comparison to PDF experts version of freehand text. In PDF expert simply touch anywhere you want to place text and it lets you start typing right there. The new screen does not open up where you are unable to see your original PDF such as the case with your app. Are you aware of this weakness currently?

Hello jokerz126, thanks so much for the feedback. It's only a second update of PDF Max & we are trying with our greatest efforts to add a lot of improvements in upcoming version. Please feel free to provide us more of your opinions :cool:

ltsching
Sep 13, 2012, 12:14 PM
Hello jokerz126, thanks so much for the feedback. It's only a second update of PDF Max & we are trying with our greatest efforts to add a lot of improvements in upcoming version. Please feel free to provide us more of your opinions :cool:[/QUOTE]

I upgraded to the full version but stopped using it precisely because of the issue jokerz126 raised.

pdfmax
Sep 13, 2012, 10:56 PM
I upgraded to the full version but stopped using it precisely because of the issue jokerz126 raised.

Hi, very sorry to hear that... We are working hard everyday to improve all the aspects of the app. A powerful in-place rich text editor will come soon.

iLuvMyMacToo
Sep 14, 2012, 01:09 AM
Best of luck with it, I hope you do well.

rockgalmusic
Sep 14, 2012, 05:15 AM
just read the postings and had to add writepdf to the aforementioned apps
fantastic app that lets me convert loads of different file formats such as my Word docs from my teacher and edit/print them too :apple:

pdfmax
Sep 14, 2012, 09:34 AM
Best of luck with it, I hope you do well.

It's great to receive such kind words, thank you. :)

pdfmax
Sep 15, 2012, 12:12 AM
Customer who used iA, GR, PE, and now he switches to PDF Max. What did he say?

"PDF Apps make my iPad worth it. Instead of carrying textbooks and binders of notes and pages, I take my iPad. Also I am using the new iPad for those curious to compare how these app work with different iPads.

Before PDF Max, I switched often between Goodreader, PDF expert and IAnnotate. Each has it's positive and negative qualities. Expert although has some unique functions I would never use because I need tabs, which it does not have. And after using iCloud and having the MobileMe folders on my Mac I will never go back to Dropbox, google drive ECT... iCloud syncs much faster and is more convenient, I don't have to sit waiting for my 3000 page PDF to re-sync because I highlighted a single line. iCloud pushes the changes so it also doesn't use my bandwidth. I really like the layout of IAnnotate but it doesn't have iCloud and I have had issues with Dropbox sync even since they updated it. And I can't afford to have the possibility of losing my documents, so I need a back up service. Goodreader has iCloud, tabs and is very robust, but beyond that I don't like the app. It's ugly and lacks tools all the others have.

PDF Max has been the answer it has EVERYTHING the other three, including tabs, audio, iCloud, thumbnails, zoom writing etc.. And I was having an audio recording problem I emailed and had a response 15 minutes later. Also the bookmarks and outline in PDF Max are FAR MORE SUPERIOR THEN ANY OTHER. I love how I can change the outline move things around and have sub categories in outline and bookmarks.

The only negative thing I have to say is now that I have loaded thousands of pages of PDFs, sometimes when I load my larger PDFs (1000+ pages) it has like a 30 second lag when opening them. once they are opened they work great but when opening there is that lag. It is very annoying, but only happens in my large PDFs and the developer said by the end of the week the new version would be submitted to apple and they are increasing rendering / tab speed. All in all this is easily my favorite app. Since I know an update is coming I can live with this lag in my big files, I can live with this for now, knowing it is temporary and the developers are sending out a fix this week, with apple approving it probably the week after. Everything else about the app is great!!"

jokerz126
Sep 15, 2012, 12:29 AM
PDFMAX, could you give some estimate of when we might expect an in-place text tool? I'm a musician and need to be able to add notes and text onto music PDF files...PDF Expert is excellent...I can't deny it....but, I still like some of the things you guys are doing with cloud syncing and things like that

pdfmax
Sep 15, 2012, 10:32 AM
PDFMAX, could you give some estimate of when we might expect an in-place text tool? I'm a musician and need to be able to add notes and text onto music PDF files...PDF Expert is excellent...I can't deny it....but, I still like some of the things you guys are doing with cloud syncing and things like that

Hi, the in-place text editor is estimated to come in v1.7 or latest by v1.8 (v1.6 is coming by the end of this month) :-)

pdfmax
Sep 17, 2012, 11:26 AM
We would like to inform a special news: Now it only takes $2.99 to purchase the Pro Version of PDF Max! Hurry up guys, because we will offer this for a limited time! :cool:

jokerz126
Sep 17, 2012, 11:45 AM
hi PDFMAX...another question, is there currently any way to display a pdf in landscape mode with 2 pages horizontally side by side? if not, is this feature coming soon?...tempted by the new low-price deal :)
(actually already a beta tester)

Thanks!

pdfmax
Sep 18, 2012, 03:50 AM
hi PDFMAX...another question, is there currently any way to display a pdf in landscape mode with 2 pages horizontally side by side? if not, is this feature coming soon?...tempted by the new low-price deal :)
(actually already a beta tester)

Thanks!

Hi, we haven't any plan to support double-pages mode yet. Great to know you are a beta tester, you should contact us for a promo code for the pro version instead of purchasing ;-) Anyway, feel free to join our Facebook fan page or Twitter for latest updates/suggestions. :)

pdfmax
Sep 20, 2012, 08:13 AM
Hey everyone, PDF Max is now on AppStoreReviewer channel! Take a look at the awesome review of PDF Max Pro here: http://youtu.be/wzgfD54KLmQ

Don't forget to download PDF Max right now, because it's free to download and only $2.99 for the Pro Version! Hurry up!

pdfmax
Oct 9, 2012, 07:59 AM
What's New in Version 2.0:

• Superior performance - Meets the speedy & responsive PDF Max!

• Amazing Realistic Ink plus a better zoom-in writing mode: Writing in PDF Max is a joy now! It’s more convenient & enjoyable to write notes using your finger or a stylus. Your handwriting looks remarkable neat, detailed and crisp even when zoomed. Option to select between Left to Right or Right to Left writing direction.

• Global Eraser & Lasso Tools for Inks.

• Sign documents: Use your permanent signature or one-time
signature for your customers.

• Easy to insert new pages with six cool pre-defined papers.

• More Fonts and Colors available when editing Rich-Text-
Format Freetexts.

• Option to email document when touching an email-address.

• iPhone Landscape mode support.

• Compatible with iOS 6 & iPhone 5.

• Many bug fixes and enhancements.

pdfmax
Oct 19, 2012, 09:36 PM
Folks, we are giving away 5 promo codes of PDF Max Pro ($9.99). Please take a look at this thread:
http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1471541

pdfmax
Oct 21, 2012, 06:24 AM
Hurry up folks, only about 3 hours left! Join our promo codes giveaway: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1471541 ;)

pdfmax
Oct 27, 2012, 11:12 PM
Folks, PDF Max Pro is now 80% off for only $1.99! http://itunes.apple.com/app/pdf-max-pro-fill-forms-annotate/id552664144?mt=8 :cool:

pdfmax
Dec 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
PDF Max 2.1 is available now on the AppStore.
- Free version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-fill-forms-annotate/id540572073?ls=1&mt=8
- Pro version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-pro-fill-forms-annotate/id552664144?ls=1&mt=8

What's new in this version:

- New: Zoom less, Do more with Continuous Page Scrolling mode.
- New: Copy/Cut/Paste annotations.
- New: In-place text editor for Freetexts. You can drag to make a Textbox or just Touch then start typing.
- New: Long-press to access the menu to active the zoom-in writing mode. In the zoom-in writing mode, you can long-press to move the cursor.
- New: Colored Sticky Notes.
- New: Allow to cancel opening a document from iCloud.
- New: Support Reset Form function.
- New: Option to exclude Notes when flattening.

- Improved & Bugs Fixed: Suggestions from our customers have been implemented, knowing bugs have been fixed. If you are an old user, feel free to discover by yourself ;-)

- Changed: We disabled the support of creating Rich Text Format Freetexts due to the inconsistent text size as reported by our customers. We are working on a new in-place RTF editor and will introduce soon via updates. Please note that you can still edit your old RTF Freetexts.
- Changed: We changed the way the free version works, you can access to all pro features to experience before purchasing. The ability to export documents and change annotation’s color are not available in the free version.

----
We listen to your feedbacks, feel free to let's know. Thanks!

SJism23
Dec 16, 2012, 10:21 AM
Hey pdfmax, I'm a student who is going to be getting an iPad soon and I like to read PDF textbooks. Is your app good for simple reading (i.e., is it smooth, fast)?

Also, what are the differences between the free and pro versions?

Thanks.

pdfmax
Jan 7, 2013, 10:04 PM
PDF Max Pro is free for a limited time. Enjoy! And don't forget to bring us stars :) https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/pdf-max-pro-fill-forms-annotate/id552664144?mt=8

Luis2004
Jan 8, 2013, 12:02 AM
Pdfmax,

I just downloaded your app and gave it a vigorous spin using some study material that requires highlighting, note taking, and hand-written annotations in the margins.

1. Great highlighting response. Love the way you can adjust opacity, thickness.

2. DELETED: Woops, I just discovered I can read pages horizontally, too. Nice!

3. It lags a bit on redrawing the highlights and markups when you render a page. I have an iPad 3, so not as fast as the 4, but iAnnotate handles this flawlessly.

Other than that, great job!

Luis2004
Jan 8, 2013, 11:37 AM
Also, what is that little gray circle with a triangle inside it in the upper left hand corner of the screen? It appears to have the same function as simply tapping on the screen to bring down the tabs menu.

Could you remove it? Seems pointless and a little annoying. . .

PS: Also, the handwriting is a bit thick, even on the "1" point. Your "1" is like a "3" or "4" on Noteshelf, Notability, etc.

Can you make a very fine handwriting point? Otherwise it looks like bubble writing.

Zechariah
Jan 18, 2013, 12:35 AM
anyhow, no matter there is a key feature, have a try.

Luis2004
Jan 18, 2013, 11:25 AM
Well I've used this app on a daily basis for a full week (I need a good PDF reader/annotator for work), and I feel I've come to some pretty solid conclusions.

(I've also used Upad, iAnnotate, PDF Reader, Notability, and a few others for long periods of time, and I think I've got a pretty good feel for what I need/like/want.)

THE GOOD

Seamless page turning. (Notability's slow rendering on annotated or image intensive PDF's is horrible. iAnnotate is great with rendering, but if you have highlights or notes on the page, it won't read your page flip touch and will instead move your notes or call up the highlight edit box.)

Great highlighting (I love how you can highlight in nice straight blocks).

Nice additional underline features (I use the "squiggly" quite often, and it really catches the eye.)

Nice UI (I prefer the "shelf" look, but it's got a very "iOS" look to it, which is pleasing to the eye as well.) I like the tabs, and the single tap on the page to bring it up or hide it is very nice.

Dropbox support, which is critical for my needs.

THE BAD

Rendering isn't perfect. If there are images or highlights/notes on the page, it will take a second to render your annotations. iAnnotate was better at this, and I hope that a future update will fix it.

It may seem a small thing, but that gray circle with a triangle in the middle, located in the upper left hand part of the page, is very annoying. I spend a lot of time reading material with white backgrounds, and it's an irritant. I also don't think it serves any purpose since tapping once on any part of the screen does the same thing.

The handwriting is too big. I like the zoom box feature, but the actual ink needs to be much finer. It's probably a 3-width on Noteshelf, which is way too big for writing important notes on paperwork. The handwriting feature is pretty much useless, so I have to use the text box. The text input is great, but a bit time consuming if you don't have a bluetooth keyboard handy.

Organization: I wish you had the option to sort your files in whatever order you want, like icons in iOS. You can only sort according to name or date, but because of issues with my line of work, I need to be able to sort them according to different criteria. I understand you can make folders to group similar files, but I need even more organizational flexibility. If I could drag the file to where I want it and be able to keep it there, it would be great.

In conclusion, this will be my daily driver for a while. I'm very satisfied with it, except for a few little nits I picked above. But in general, I think it's the best one out there at this time.

Jan 18, 2013, 11:57 AM
Thanks man. We understand that but we believe in our direction ;-)

You need a VENDOR tag - otherwise this thread is infringing MR rules.