PDA

View Full Version : Skin a Dock 1.0b

G4scott
Nov 3, 2002, 07:59 PM
This is an interesting little app. In my opinion, it's the coolest thing you can do to your dock. You can actually play with your dock :D :p

get it here! (http://www.ittpoi.com/sad.html)

job
Nov 3, 2002, 08:21 PM
Wow, that's pretty funny.

I also like their Snoe app.

irmongoose
Nov 4, 2002, 03:38 AM
Well sounds cool.. but I tried downloading it and all I got was a disk image with a Readme about the Beta software...

irmongoose

gandalf55
Nov 4, 2002, 06:12 AM
same here... what a bummer - looks like it could be pretty interesting.

irmongoose
Nov 4, 2002, 07:31 AM
Well I saw the ratings at VersionTracker by the people who actaully managed to download it... and it doesn't sound that good. Seems as if it causes major conflicts with Mail, iChat, Candybar.... looks like it's caused by the APE framework... so.. guess we'll have to wait for a new version.

irmongoose

DavisBAnimal
Nov 4, 2002, 08:55 AM
I just downloaded and installed it - pretty cool stuff. I right now have skinned my dock to be covered in frost - looks pretty cool with that Sno appplication that was mentioned above.

My one complaint with the Skin a Dock is that those visual dock cues - at least the ones in Adium, that let you know who has IMed you, who has just signed on, etc. - don't show up when the icon is skinned.

Oh well.

Davis

mac15
Nov 4, 2002, 08:43 PM
make sure, you turn off Transparent dock before doing this, it stuffed my ssytem bad, I needed to reinstall........and it makes my dock look like a-dock for OS9

G4scott
Nov 4, 2002, 09:45 PM
well, this program is still beta, and it is a haxie, so I didn't expect it to work all of the time, but for what it does, it's cool. I've never seen a program that could skin the dock like that before. I don't seem to be having any major problems, just some weird looking dock stuff, but nothing too bad...

cb911
Nov 5, 2002, 02:23 AM
whoa!! this is cool. i remember them first announcing it, i'll have a look at it... but i'm always careful with beta versions.

gandalf55
Nov 5, 2002, 08:24 AM
what the hell? all i still get is a .rtf file...

Fezwick
Nov 5, 2002, 11:40 AM
Get it here (http://www.ittpoi.com/skinadock-beta1.dmg) .

cb911
Nov 6, 2002, 12:15 AM
all i got was the .rtf as well. and it looks like they're having serever problems.

has anyone got a copy that we could all get?

Beej
Nov 6, 2002, 01:52 AM
Looks cool. How does it handle docks on the side? I keep mine on the right. Does it turn the grass sideways or just have tufts of grass under each icon?

G4scott
Nov 11, 2002, 08:48 PM
it turns all of the icons sideways, depending on which side of the screen it's on. The only thing that doesn't look so nice is when you have magnification on... It doesn't magnify smoothly, but I don't think there's any way to truly do that.

Unfortunately, though, I think this program may have done something weird to my beloved iBook...

scem0
Nov 16, 2002, 01:48 PM
I looks really cool, but if it messes up computer then I'm not going
to dl it. I like the fire one. I have the perfect background to go
along with it too.... :o time to wait patiently ;) .

Wes
Dec 14, 2002, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by G4scott
it turns all of the icons sideways, depending on which side of the screen it's on. The only thing that doesn't look so nice is when you have magnification on... It doesn't magnify smoothly, but I don't think there's any way to truly do that.

Unfortunately, though, I think this program may have done something weird to my beloved iBook...

Hehe I can tell it's beta. On my mac it doesn't rotate to fit my left-aligned dock. Also for some reason it rotated some of my icons. But still looks good for when it's final release.

mnkeybsness
Jan 1, 2003, 01:43 PM
i still haven't been able to even get it to skin..i've turned everything related to changing the dock off and it still doesn't work...i tell it to apply the "skin" and i get the spinning beachball forever...nothing happens at all