Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
I just got an iMac a week or two ago and it seems that sometimes the screen seems to flicker. It's not MAJOR flickering, but minor flickering.
Does anyone else seem to have this problem?
Does the warrenty cover this? (The bad thing, though, is that it only happens some of the times!! So if I brought it in, and it doesn't flicker, then I have to lug it all the way back home.)

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
iEric said:
I just got an iMac a week or two ago and it seems that sometimes the screen seems to flicker. It's not MAJOR flickering, but minor flickering.
Does anyone else seem to have this problem?
Does the warrenty cover this? (The bad thing, though, is that it only happens some of the times!! So if I brought it in, and it doesn't flicker, then I have to lug it all the way back home.)

I have noticed that my screen on my 20" iMac G5 will dim itself after a few seconds after waking from sleep. Other than that, my screen never flickers.

I would recommend taking your iMac in. What you're describing could be a symtom of a larger problem.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
sometimes in safari when loading a page, the whole window seems to shake/jump a bit..... I think its because of the 10.4.2 update....

iEric

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 26, 2003
well i still have like 11.5 months to bring it in :p so i'll wait til then. I'll wait till the 10th month. :D

YES i am THAT lazy...unless the flickering starts to get REALLY bad.

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
Do you have a speaker system that isn't protected.

If not then jsut run it to the ground. Keep your stuff backed up. And don't drop it or anything like that. Keep that warranty valid and if you run into any problems you'll have no trouble getting the computer fixxed.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.