Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

se99jmk

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2012
Upgraded 3 devices, 3GS, 4S, iPad 3rd gen

4S worked perfectly

3GS and 3rd gen are saying the devices are not registered as part of developer program (they are)

Presumably because Apple's registration servers are getting hit hard?

leukotriene

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Yup, same here. My UDID is in my provisioning center. Don't know what the deal is. I'm hoping it gets resolved.

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
Same here. In all the excitement...I forgot to register my replacement 4s with the developer portal before loading IOS 6. Says it can't activate due to not being registered. I have since registered the device...but no luck. I'm waiting for Xcode 4.5 developer preview to download and maybe that will allow it to provision?

Anti-Lucifer

macrumors 6502a
Mar 9, 2012
Same here. In all the excitement...I forgot to register my replacement 4s with the developer portal before loading IOS 6. Says it can't activate due to not being registered. I have since registered the device...but no luck. I'm waiting for Xcode 4.5 developer preview to download and maybe that will allow it to provision?

No, even with organizer in 4.5Preview, it will tell you to activate it first. I've tried 5 reinstalls of ios6 beta 1 and no success. Every single time it is the same can't activate message. My other iPad 2's have no issue!

TheYankees1903

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2008
Same here...

Same here. Worked like a charm with my iPhone 4S (registered in the provisioning portal in November) but not for my iPad 3rd generation (registered a few hours ago). Maybe it takes some time to catch up?

Last edited:

leukotriene

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Same here. Worked like a charm with my iPhone 4S (registered in the provisioning portal in November) but not for my iPad 3rd generation (registered a few hours ago). The iPad is not even showing up for me under device history in the provisioning portal. Maybe it takes some time to catch up?

Perhaps this is the problem. My iPad 3's UDID was registered a few hours ago and it won't activate either. It says the device is not part of the developer program. But I've been a developer for 2+ years. :/

The frustrating thing is that the Apple Developer forums are down right now.

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
has anyone downgraded to 5.1.1 from IOS 6? If so, did you use iTunes 10.6.3 or Xcode 4.5? Did Apple upgrade the baseband and have you tried making a call since you downgraded? It sounds like several people have done this and it worked. I think we should document EXACTLY what software and version was used to downgrade. Also what firmware did you successfully downgrade to?

Thanks.

leukotriene

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
BTW, when I open up Xcode's Organizer, right-click on the iPad in the left-hand list, and click "Add device to Provision Portal", enter my credentials, the progress bar indicates that it's fetching all the required bits from Apple's servers...nothing happens.

It's just stuck at this:

"This device is not activated.
It must be activated before it can be used with Xcode."

----------

has anyone downgraded to 5.1.1 from IOS 6? If so, did you use iTunes 10.6.3 or Xcode 4.5? Did Apple upgrade the baseband and have you tried making a call since you downgraded? It sounds like several people have done this and it worked. I think we should document EXACTLY what software and version was used to downgrade. Also what firmware did you successfully downgrade to?

Thanks.

Do you mean for people who are stuck in the activation stage for iOS 6?

M33-1

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2010
[/COLOR]

Do you mean for people who are stuck in the activation stage for iOS 6?[/QUOTE]

Exactly...thank you.

djrod

macrumors 65816
Sep 16, 2008
Madrid - Spain

Thanks.

I did it with my iPad 3 Wifi, put it into recovery mode, click restore and good to go with good old 5.1

leukotriene

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2008
Apple support says the iOS activation server is down. Yes, this is obvious, but just thought I'd let everyone know.

So let's just hold our horses. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.