Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
I'll be turning 18 in several months, and I have been thinking about getting an ADC Student Membership, since I am major in Computer Science and a programmer. I'm still not fully convinced if its worth it.

I also have a few question:

1) Is it $99 period, or $99 per year, like with .Mac?
2) The once-per-lifetime hardware discount, how significant is that (15%? 20%? 30%?)? and what are the limits, if any, on the purchasing of and on the system itself?
3) If I do get this, and upgrade to the Select membership later on, will I then be able to get the once-per-membership-year discount? and are the limits on that discount the same as the Student one?
4) Are the only software discounts for Student members the ones mentioned on this page: http://developer.apple.com/students/discount.html ?
5) What exactly do you get in the Student mailings?

I appreciate the help. :)

Nermal

Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
It's $99 per year. The discount is 10% on "i" products and 15% on "Power" products (although this may vary by country). You can either buy a computer by itself, or a computer plus a display. But you can only use the discount once, so you can't buy a computer, then a display a few months later.

The mailings include OS X, Xcode, and documentation. Someone else will hopefully be able to answer the other questions :)

gamestriker

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Only 15%? I expected signifant to be like 20%+. Oh well, its still not bad, though I'm not totally convinced yet.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.