PDA

View Full Version : Apple announces Curriculum Mobile Labs

medea
Nov 6, 2002, 05:33 PM
Apple has updated its Education Web site with information on its new Curriculum Mobile Labs. The mobile labs include AirPort-enabled iBooks, curriculum software for Literacy, Math, or Science, Apple Professional Development courses, a variety of accessories, and feature wireless printing. http://www.apple.com/education/k12/products/digitalstudio/

These things are pretty cool, and I'm glad to see Apple refocusing it's Education dept.

G4scott
Nov 6, 2002, 06:29 PM
If only my school would go for something like that... They already have 2 mobile labs, but they use pee-cee's. I'm sure they constantly have fun with setting the thing up...

job
Nov 6, 2002, 06:52 PM
That's a funky looking printer.

Anyone know who makes it?

G4scott
Nov 6, 2002, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by hitman
That's a funky looking printer.

Anyone know who makes it?

It's an HP LaserJet 1200 or 1300, or something like that. I have a LaserJet 1200, and it looks just like it. The model that comes with these carts has built-in ethernet, so all that you need to print with OS X is its IP address... Mine doesn't have built-in ethernet, but I have the network adapter. it's a pretty good laser printer. I picked mine up at CompUSA for $300, and the one Apple is offering is available for around $500...

beez7777
Nov 6, 2002, 09:30 PM
i remember my middle school had a mobile lab a few years ago, i think it had 15 clamshell iBooks and a printer. it was pretty cool, i wish my high school got a few mobile labs.:)