Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
Does anyone know where I can download a free service manual for the new, updated iBook? Does that even exist yet? Not the users guide, the service manual that gives you step-by-step instrutions on how to take every single part out. Thanks.

e²Studios

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
CoMpX said:
Does anyone know where I can download a free service manual for the new, updated iBook? Does that even exist yet? Not the users guide, the service manual that gives you step-by-step instrutions on how to take every single part out. Thanks.

Is it broken?? why would you want to take a machine that new apart? Become a apple tech i believe they get those types of publications.. just hope this isnt some "it fell off the UPS truck" kinda thing..

Ed

ChrisFromCanada

macrumors 65816
May 3, 2004
Hamilton, Ontario (CANADA)
Typically the Apple take apart guides are only available to service technicians. If you search around on the internet you can find some guides people have made, but since the new ibooks were just announced you won't be able to find any just yet. Maybe in a week or two. Be patient.

mklos

macrumors 68000
Dec 4, 2002
My house!
The form factor hasn't really changed from the ice iBook G3 (Dual USB). They're actually pretty easy to take apart. The case basically snaps together after you remove a couple of screws. The hardest part is remembering where all the screws go back. Apple uses about 15 different screws, sizes, and lengths.

Just remember, that when you do this, you can kiss your warranty good bye, even if you've purchased the AppleCare Extended Warranty.

CoMpX

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 29, 2005
New Jersey
OK, thanks everybody. I don't plan to take it apart any time soon, I just like to have these things handy because I like to know my machine inside and out.

Thanks,
Joe

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.