Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jobsian

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2009
Finally! Thought it wasn't going to come :D

AnandTech just posted this:

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6063/47766.png

Hopefully the full review is coming soon.
Woah, look at that difference! I was actually noticing that under load my 2012 MBA seemed to be breezing through the task with less sustained stress (heat, fans) than my 2010 model (whose remaining battery estimate quickly fell), but I didn't think the difference was that great, good signs.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
Meaningless without comparison to the previous models.

The 11" lasts 1.5 hours longer in idle than the 2010. Since the 2010 had better battery life than the 2011, it's safe to say that the 2012 did bring an improvement. I'm guessing the difference will be smaller in the other tests.

Some benchmarks are already up, as well. Unfortunately, the 2011 model isn't available.

http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/624

KathysMac

macrumors newbie
Jul 10, 2012
Advice

AnandTech just posted this:

http://images.anandtech.com/graphs/graph6063/47766.png

Hopefully the full review is coming soon.

The Battery Life Teaser was very helpful. Here's to hoping I get the 5.5 hours on my new Macbook Air.

Just wanted to say I'm new to the forum and new to Macs. I've had a Macbook Pro 13 for about six weeks and absolutely love it. I've never timed my battery life, but to be honest, it doesn't seem to be as good as I'd like it to be. Of course, it's a new toy, so I'm using it more than I might eventually.

I need some advice. I just ordered an 11.6 inch Macbook Air and I'm wondering what I can do to get the most out of my battery. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, should I fully charge it BEFORE I do the initial set up, or would it be ok to just plug it in and set it up.

Thanks!

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
The Battery Life Teaser was very helpful. Here's to hoping I get the 5.5 hours on my new Macbook Air.

I need some advice. I just ordered an 11.6 inch Macbook Air and I'm wondering what I can do to get the most out of my battery. Any tips would be appreciated. Also, should I fully charge it BEFORE I do the initial set up, or would it be ok to just plug it in and set it up.

Thanks!

5.5 hours was in light workload. 4 hours is more realistic. There is no need to fully charge before setup (it will likely come close to fully charged, anyway). Just plug it in. To maximize battery life, the best thing is to keep the display brightness at the lowest setting that is comfortable to you.

Also, put the lid down when you aren't using it. After 70 minutes, it will drop into deep sleep, where it will last for up to 30 days drawing very little power.

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
i hope the review is up soon. wonder if there will be a discussion of lg vs samsung display.

KPOM

macrumors P6
Original poster
Oct 23, 2010
i hope the review is up soon. wonder if there will be a discussion of lg vs samsung display.

There was a little bit of that last year, although there was more about the Toshiba vs. Samsung SSD. This year the SSD differential isn't as significant.

tim100

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2009
There was a little bit of that last year, although there was more about the Toshiba vs. Samsung SSD. This year the SSD differential isn't as significant.

i hope today is the day for the review. i am also interested in 11 vs 13 on ram, battery, and i7.

calvol

macrumors 6502a
Feb 3, 2011
This is ok, but the 2010 13" Air was over 8 hours in light workload if I remember (8.5hrs I think).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.