PDA

View Full Version : New PBs? Confused!

tyoelin
Jul 27, 2005, 02:11 AM
Ive read alot of threads about people saying good and bad things about the new iBooks, but then I've seen some people saying that theyre waiting for the new PBs.. didnt apple just update their PBs a few months ago? Are they planning on doing it again?

Phat_Pat
Jul 27, 2005, 02:13 AM
Nobody really knows.

its all speculation :o

Heb1228
Jul 27, 2005, 02:20 AM
Exactly. No one knows. There are always a thousand people around here who are "waiting for the next update."

R.Youden
Jul 27, 2005, 04:13 AM
I think Apple have been very clever with the iBook update.

Everyone here knows that they could have done so much more with them but...

The general consumer who doesnt look at pages like this and just walks into the Apple shop is still going to buy one. People who use these boards are now more likely to pay a bit extra and get a PowerBook instead. I expect the PowerBooks to be upgraded in Paris (September I think).

crazydreaming
Jul 27, 2005, 07:22 AM
I think Apple have been very clever with the iBook update.

Everyone here knows that they could have done so much more with them but...

The general consumer who doesnt look at pages like this and just walks into the Apple shop is still going to buy one. People who use these boards are now more likely to pay a bit extra and get a PowerBook instead. I expect the PowerBooks to be upgraded in Paris (September I think).

When is Paris? Not before Student Union deal is over, is it? (September 24)

R.Youden
Jul 27, 2005, 07:44 AM
When is Paris? Not before Student Union deal is over, is it? (September 24)

Not sure, could be before then, I will try and find out...

R.Youden
Jul 27, 2005, 07:47 AM
20th - 24th September, so Apple will probably release any new products on the 20th (which is a Tuesday ;))

.Andy
Jul 27, 2005, 08:06 AM
Ive read alot of threads about people saying good and bad things about the new iBooks, but then I've seen some people saying that theyre waiting for the new PBs.. didnt apple just update their PBs a few months ago? Are they planning on doing it again?

Hi tyoelin,
A lot of people are wating for next year when they assume that Apple will put the Intel Pentium (possibly M) chip in the powerbooks. Whether or not we'll see an update between now and then is totally conjecture. It could be argued that the iBooks only got a very modest upgrade because the powerbooks aren't going anywhere for a while.....that way the distinction between the two is preserved. But possibly not :D.

If you need your powerbook just go for it. It might be a long time to wait otherwise. Those 17" are fantastic.
Best of luck :)