Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I was wondering if anyone could help me, over the last few weeks 20% of my web pages load as below. As you can see pictures do not load correctly, web pages display incorrect.

I have tried:
-repair disk permission
-use a different web browser (safari,chrome,firefox)

I can not understand why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Safari > Preferences > Appearance > Display images when the page opens

Also, make sure you don't have any ad-blockers or extensions that may be interfering.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Thanks for the reply.

That does not seem to make a difference, it also happens with safari, firefox and google chrome.

My brother is here and it just happened on his MBP too, hmmmmm.

I would say it is something to do with my wifi, but my Sony tv which has a web browser can load all the same site without any issues at all.

Also i have not changed anything in the router settings and have been with this ISP with the same router for 3 years, no issues.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Thanks for the reply.

That does not seem to make a difference, it also happens with safari, firefox and google chrome.

My brother is here and it just happened on his MBP too, hmmmmm.

I would say it is something to do with my wifi, but my Sony tv which has a web browser can load all the same site without any issues at all.

Also i have not changed anything in the router settings and have been with this ISP with the same router for 3 years, no issues.
Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies?
Have you tried restarting your Mac?
Have you tried resetting your router?

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I have but i will do all again now just to be sure and report back. Thank you.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
"Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies?
Have you tried resetting your router?"

That did not make a difference :-s

Thank though.

The poter above i will google dns preface as i know nothing about what that means. Thanks for the suggestion.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
"Have you cleared your browser cache and cookies?
Have you tried resetting your router?"

That did not make a difference :-s

Thank though.

The poter above i will google dns preface as i know nothing about what that means. Thanks for the suggestion.
If you haven't already done so, try changing your DNS servers on your Mac and your router to OpenDNS servers. This will show you how: Why am I being redirected to other sites?

mac.support

macrumors newbie
Jul 3, 2012
India
I was wondering if anyone could help me, over the last few weeks 20% of my web pages load as below. As you can see pictures do not load correctly, web pages display incorrect.

I have tried:
-repair disk permission
-use a different web browser (safari,chrome,firefox)

I can not understand why this is happening. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hello,

Is it happening with all the website or any particular website?
Try to update flash player/shock wave player and java updates , that might help you out

Thanks

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Hello,

Is it happening with all the website or any particular website?
Try to update flash player/shock wave player and java updates , that might help you out

Thanks
Flash and Java wouldn't have any effect on images being displayed on sites like the one in the OP's post that you quoted.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Thank you all for the replies. It happens on every site i can think of, i think BBC News is the only regulars site i go to where it has yet to happen.

I reset my router completely even though i never changed any of the settings. Will see if it helps and report back, thank you all.

Will also try changing DNS servers as suggested, thanks again.

Michaelgtrusa

macrumors 604
Oct 13, 2008
So far this method seems to be working :) i will continue to use it for the next 24 hours and report back.

Does anyone know why suddenly i would need to this? havent needed to before. Odd.

I had a feeling it was dns related.

al82

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Just to report back. It worked i changed the DNS settings as suggested above and it worked, THANK YOU EVERYONE.

I had never messed with any of the settings of my router but for some reason i needed to do the above.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.