Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
I bought some ear phones from AudioCubes.com and they dont have any kind of phone number if you have questions. Everything is done by email. I gave them by credit card number so im hoping they arent shady. Anyone know anything good or bad about these guys?

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Happier news for you than the last guy.

An aside: Why do y'all give them your charge card number first THEN come here and ask whether they are crooks or not.... :eek:
Seems to be, the reverse order would be the recommended procedure...

Anyway:
If you look on the left hand side of their page you'll see that this site has enrolled in a number of programmes that help you ascertain their legitimacy
The BBB Online relibility seal allows you to go to their local Better Business Bureau, look up their record (which is clean) and even verify their address:

Company name: Audio Cubes, Inc.
Company address: 700 Huron Avenue 5C Cambridge, MA 02138
Original business start date: 2002
Type of entity: Corporation
Principal: Kohn Liu, Customer Service
Number of employees: 7
Phone number: 617-388-1092
Email address: info@audiocubes.com
BBB Membership Status: This company is a Member
Date joined BBB: 04/23/03
Type of business: ONLINE & INTERNET SHOPPING
Web site address: http://www.audiocubes.com
http://www.audiocubes2.com
Audio Cubes is a US mail order company that specializes in audio gear and accessories. The company states that the warehouse is in Japan, payment transactions and customer correspondence take place in the US.

They have zero complaints at the BBB

Similarly, Reseller Ratings, BizRate, Visa, Mastercard, Verisign and American Express all have programmes to give you some assurance that this company has followed their procedures. Check out those links.

Make note of the fact that they may not stock the product in the US, that they either special order or drop-ship. This is OK but a bit more risky than dealing with an authorized US distributor of the products. Ask them what the shipping procedure is and whether you are expected to clear the package in from Japan yourself. Also check out what warranty repair procedures are. Sometimes directly imported products are considered "gray market" by the authorized manufacturer's representatives in the US and they refuse to honour warranty.

cardiac dave

macrumors regular
Jun 23, 2005
iToronto
CaptainCaveMann said:
I bought some ear phones from AudioCubes.com and they dont have any kind of phone number if you have questions. Everything is done by email. I gave them by credit card number so im hoping they arent shady. Anyone know anything good or bad about these guys?
Although I've never ordered from them personally, from what I've heard they stock quite a lot of Audiophile equipment and specialty items. As long as you've got no issues with paying for internaitonal shipping... you should be fine. I heard a lot of good reviews about AC back in my minidisc days.

CaptainCaveMann

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 5, 2004
CanadaRAM said:
Happier news for you than the last guy.

An aside: Why do y'all give them your charge card number first THEN come here and ask whether they are crooks or not.... :eek:
Seems to be, the reverse order would be the recommended procedure...

Anyway:
If you look on the left hand side of their page you'll see that this site has enrolled in a number of programmes that help you ascertain their legitimacy
The BBB Online relibility seal allows you to go to their local Better Business Bureau, look up their record (which is clean) and even verify their address:

Company name: Audio Cubes, Inc.
Company address: 700 Huron Avenue 5C Cambridge, MA 02138
Original business start date: 2002
Type of entity: Corporation
Principal: Kohn Liu, Customer Service
Number of employees: 7
Phone number: 617-388-1092
Email address: info@audiocubes.com
BBB Membership Status: This company is a Member
Date joined BBB: 04/23/03
Type of business: ONLINE & INTERNET SHOPPING
Web site address: http://www.audiocubes.com
http://www.audiocubes2.com
Audio Cubes is a US mail order company that specializes in audio gear and accessories. The company states that the warehouse is in Japan, payment transactions and customer correspondence take place in the US.

They have zero complaints at the BBB

Similarly, Reseller Ratings, BizRate, Visa, Mastercard, Verisign and American Express all have programmes to give you some assurance that this company has followed their procedures. Check out those links.

Make note of the fact that they may not stock the product in the US, that they either special order or drop-ship. This is OK but a bit more risky than dealing with an authorized US distributor of the products. Ask them what the shipping procedure is and whether you are expected to clear the package in from Japan yourself. Also check out what warranty repair procedures are. Sometimes directly imported products are considered "gray market" by the authorized manufacturer's representatives in the US and they refuse to honour warranty.

Good point i should of asked first but luckily i think their legit. I got there website from http://www.ilounge.com. Thanks guys!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.