PDA

View Full Version : How would a legacy user go about purchasing 10.7?

nickn
Jul 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Let's say a user is currently on OS X 10.6, and would like to update their OS, but can't go to 10.8, because their machine does not meet the requirements. How would said user now purchase and install 10.7, as the OS is no longer available on the Mac App Store?

Mal
Jul 26, 2012, 02:39 PM
Seems to me you currently can't. Unless you can find one of the flash drives that the Apple Stores were selling, which cost more than the downloaded version did. Hopefully Apple will back off and put it back up in the store.

jW

tyrell456
Jul 26, 2012, 04:41 PM
Seems to me you currently can't. Unless you can find one of the flash drives that the Apple Stores were selling, which cost more than the downloaded version did. Hopefully Apple will back off and put it back up in the store.

jW

This is a horrible oversight by Apple. They really need to keep both Mountain Lion and Lion on the App Store for this exact reason. There are some customers who would like to pay them for Lion, but whose machines don't support Mountain Lion.

RickyB
Jul 26, 2012, 05:44 PM
This is a horrible oversight by Apple. They really need to keep both Mountain Lion and Lion on the App Store for this exact reason. There are some customers who would like to pay them for Lion, but whose machines don't support Mountain Lion.

Not to mention Lion server. Although you can buy a flash drive with Lion on it, I don't think you can do that for Lion Server.

kob424
Jul 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
ya I had same problem, So I just used a torrent. since Apple doesn't care I don't care.