Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nickn

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 17, 2011
Let's say a user is currently on OS X 10.6, and would like to update their OS, but can't go to 10.8, because their machine does not meet the requirements. How would said user now purchase and install 10.7, as the OS is no longer available on the Mac App Store?

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
Seems to me you currently can't. Unless you can find one of the flash drives that the Apple Stores were selling, which cost more than the downloaded version did. Hopefully Apple will back off and put it back up in the store.

jW

tyrell456

macrumors member
Dec 28, 2011
Salt Lake City, Utah
Seems to me you currently can't. Unless you can find one of the flash drives that the Apple Stores were selling, which cost more than the downloaded version did. Hopefully Apple will back off and put it back up in the store.

jW

This is a horrible oversight by Apple. They really need to keep both Mountain Lion and Lion on the App Store for this exact reason. There are some customers who would like to pay them for Lion, but whose machines don't support Mountain Lion.

RickyB

macrumors regular
Oct 28, 2007
This is a horrible oversight by Apple. They really need to keep both Mountain Lion and Lion on the App Store for this exact reason. There are some customers who would like to pay them for Lion, but whose machines don't support Mountain Lion.

Not to mention Lion server. Although you can buy a flash drive with Lion on it, I don't think you can do that for Lion Server.

kob424

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2011
ya I had same problem, So I just used a torrent. since Apple doesn't care I don't care.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.