PDA

View Full Version : Best FLAC to Lossless converter for Mountain Lion?

CFoss
Aug 5, 2012, 07:46 PM
I've been using xACT to this day, but I was wondering if there were any alternatives. It's unable to convert one set of files, and I was looking for an alternative program. However, my search has been rather fruitless (the only apps I've found are rather old, not supporting Mountain Lion, etc).

polotska
Aug 5, 2012, 07:50 PM
You mean FLAC to Apple Lossless? XLD for me.

CFoss
Aug 5, 2012, 07:56 PM
You mean FLAC to Apple Lossless? XLD for me.

AIFF actually, but XLD works fine. Turns out, it's the actual files themselves. XLD seems to work fine with my other FLAC content too.

XLD converts the files without introducing gaps, etc, right? (aka it's a 100% accurate FLAC to AIFF converter) Would you go with XLD or xACT?

blueroom
Aug 5, 2012, 07:57 PM
XLD seems to be a near perfect converter.

techie-guy
Aug 7, 2012, 02:00 PM
But everything is functional with Mountain Lion. It does most things but there is a directory issue when opening folders as a disc. All other functions seem to work.

Verloc
Aug 7, 2012, 02:10 PM
+1 xld

ellawhiteg
Aug 13, 2012, 07:11 PM
I use this FLAC Converter (http://www.techisky.com/how-to/convert-flac-mountain-lion.html) to convert FLAC on Mountian Lion. Works like a charm for me to split, convert FLAC to ALAC, 24 bit WAV

ac3320
Aug 13, 2012, 09:04 PM
XLD is the closest to EAC on a Mac. It's the ONLY program that has EAC-like cuesheet support, and, as far as I know, the only program that is mindful of pre-gap info. Really, pre-gap is only important if you want to burn an *exact* audio copy of the CD you burned originally. But if you want to be hardcore about ripping/burning, XLD is the way to go.

bwhli
Aug 13, 2012, 11:45 PM
I use XLD to rip CDs, and Max to convert between formats.

Comet5o4
Aug 14, 2012, 03:55 AM
I use XLD to rip CDs, and Max to convert between formats.

Been using Max for the last month; no complaints here!

Chic0
Aug 14, 2012, 04:02 AM
I've been using Sound Converter from MAS, but will check out XLD too