PDA

View Full Version : iTunes scrolling lagging

Jakobben
Aug 6, 2012, 03:59 AM
Hi,

I did a clean install of ML and restored my apps and data from Time Machine (no settings restored though). I had been waiting for ML mainly expecting a that my 2009 iMac would get back to its original speed... it didn't change anything. Still slow on boot and lagging a low when scrolling through iTunes movie section.

I've given up on trying to increase the boot speed, but I'm hoping that someone has a tip to speed up my itunes scrolling... Anyone?

Thanks!

wrldwzrd89
Aug 6, 2012, 05:33 AM
Hi,

I did a clean install of ML and restored my apps and data from Time Machine (no settings restored though). I had been waiting for ML mainly expecting a that my 2009 iMac would get back to its original speed... it didn't change anything. Still slow on boot and lagging a low when scrolling through iTunes movie section.

I've given up on trying to increase the boot speed, but I'm hoping that someone has a tip to speed up my itunes scrolling... Anyone?

Thanks!
Try a PRAM/NVRAM reset (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1379) - this worked for me when my Mac was booting slow. Also be aware that some settings will need to be reconfigured (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1895) afterwards.

As for your iTunes woes, I can't be of much help there as I don't use iTunes's movies features very much at all. That being said, my suspicions are that one of the following is true:

You've got a corrupted QuickLook cache entry somewhere
Your primary disk has file system errors
Both of the above

If it's the QuickLook cache, this is easily solved by deleting it. The only hard part is finding the offending cache file: it's located in ~/Library/Caches, a folder that isn't visible by default in Lion and ML. Getting there from the Finder can be done, however - invoke the Go To Folder... feature and type the above path as the place to go. In there, you should see a folder called com.apple.quicklook. Delete this. Log out and back in.