Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jakobben

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 17, 2010
Hi,

I did a clean install of ML and restored my apps and data from Time Machine (no settings restored though). I had been waiting for ML mainly expecting a that my 2009 iMac would get back to its original speed... it didn't change anything. Still slow on boot and lagging a low when scrolling through iTunes movie section.

I've given up on trying to increase the boot speed, but I'm hoping that someone has a tip to speed up my itunes scrolling... Anyone?

Thanks!

wrldwzrd89

macrumors G5
Jun 6, 2003
Solon, OH
Hi,

I did a clean install of ML and restored my apps and data from Time Machine (no settings restored though). I had been waiting for ML mainly expecting a that my 2009 iMac would get back to its original speed... it didn't change anything. Still slow on boot and lagging a low when scrolling through iTunes movie section.

I've given up on trying to increase the boot speed, but I'm hoping that someone has a tip to speed up my itunes scrolling... Anyone?

Thanks!
Try a PRAM/NVRAM reset - this worked for me when my Mac was booting slow. Also be aware that some settings will need to be reconfigured afterwards.

As for your iTunes woes, I can't be of much help there as I don't use iTunes's movies features very much at all. That being said, my suspicions are that one of the following is true:
  • You've got a corrupted QuickLook cache entry somewhere
  • Your primary disk has file system errors
  • Both of the above
If it's the QuickLook cache, this is easily solved by deleting it. The only hard part is finding the offending cache file: it's located in ~/Library/Caches, a folder that isn't visible by default in Lion and ML. Getting there from the Finder can be done, however - invoke the Go To Folder... feature and type the above path as the place to go. In there, you should see a folder called com.apple.quicklook. Delete this. Log out and back in.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.