PDA

View Full Version : Backlight - iBook G4

derf
Aug 8, 2005, 07:13 PM
My iBook's backlight does not come on until the unit is completely powered up and in OSX tiger. When the unit powers up, there should be a little apple and then the spinning thing. Which I can see, barely, But the backlight does not light up. Anyone know how to turn the backlight back on in startup?

skubish
Aug 8, 2005, 07:38 PM
My iBook's backlight does not come on until the unit is completely powered up and in OSX tiger. When the unit powers up, there should be a little apple and then the spinning thing. Which I can see, barely, But the backlight does not light up. Anyone know how to turn the backlight back on in startup?

Mine does the same thing. I am not sure there is anything that can be done.

derf
Aug 8, 2005, 07:40 PM
Well, I think I remember messing with something when I was trying to figure out why my cd-rw would not accept cd's. I don't remember :( there has to be a way to fix it :(

ITASOR
Aug 8, 2005, 07:41 PM

You guys talking about newest revision iBooks or older ones?

mad jew
Aug 8, 2005, 07:43 PM
I'm not near my iBook at the moment but from memory this only happens when you start up from battery, right? I'm pretty sure I get backlight most of the time because it's plugged into the wall.

I'll check when I get back to my little iBook. :)

derf
Aug 8, 2005, 07:49 PM
You guys talking about newest revision iBooks or older ones?

I have the revision before the last one. Also it happens when it is connected to power as well.

derf
Aug 9, 2005, 11:29 AM

Hey, My friend came into work today and figured it out for us. You have to reset the P-Ram. To do this restart the computer, and as soon as it starts to boot, hold down "apple + option + P + R" keep holding them down until the computer restarts 3 times, then you let them go and let the computer boot normally. As soon as he did this the backlight turned right back on.

Hope this helps ;)