PDA

View Full Version : Simple iBook Power Adaptor Question

terriyaki
Aug 8, 2005, 10:18 PM
Does order matter when plugging your power adaptor into your iBook?

I've always made sure my power adaptor was plugged into my iBook before plugging it into a wall outlet.. but does it really matter? Will plugging the power adaptor into a wall outlet first and then plugging it into the iBook cause any potential problems?

Thanks.

wwooden
Aug 8, 2005, 11:06 PM
I always do it the opposite way with my PowerBook, I guess we just proved it doesn't matter which order. :)

wdlove
Aug 9, 2005, 01:33 PM
My wife has her adapter connected to the wall socket all the time. Never any problem with connecting or disconnecting.

alex_ant
Aug 9, 2005, 09:30 PM
You have to plug it into your computer before you plug it into the wall. Doing otherwise will ignite the plutonium inside the adapter and unleash an atomic explosion that will nuke your entire neighborhood. Trust me - I learned this the hard way!

AJ Muni
Aug 10, 2005, 01:23 PM
lol alex.....the same thing happend to my mother-in-law~~~!!!

Jay42
Aug 10, 2005, 01:26 PM
My power adaptor for my laptop and iPod are both permanently plugged in behind a dresser/desk.

terriyaki
Aug 10, 2005, 07:23 PM
You have to plug it into your computer before you plug it into the wall. Doing otherwise will ignite the plutonium inside the adapter and unleash an atomic explosion that will nuke your entire neighborhood. Trust me - I learned this the hard way!
God damnit your reply is a day too late.. it's over.. it's all over.. my poor, poor iBook never saw it coming. :mad: :(

:D

MacTurtle
Aug 10, 2005, 08:05 PM
God damnit your reply is a day too late.. it's over.. it's all over.. my poor, poor iBook never saw it coming. :mad: :(

:D

Is that covered by applecare? :rolleyes:

mkrishnan
Aug 10, 2005, 08:29 PM

Nice! :D

Seriously, I think the opposite way is better for the following reason: sometimes the plugs spark on plug-in... I am sure it is harmless, but if you plug into the wall first, then at the worst, you will damage the power supply but not the computer. Which seems like a good trade to me. :)

ITASOR
Aug 10, 2005, 09:22 PM
I always plug it into the wall first, cause think of it this way. When you plug it into the wall, electricity rushes into the wire and is ready for your ibook. If you plug it into the iBook first and then into the wall, it will rush into the adapter and straight into the iBook------BAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!