PDA

View Full Version : Need LCD panel for my 15.2" Alu PowerBook

MacCoaster
Aug 9, 2005, 01:58 PM
Anyone know where to get one. I don't want the entire display assembly. I can take apart my display assembly and put in the new LCD panel. My current one has been cracked since October 2004 and Apple wanted $1300 to fix it.

HD is broken too, doubt Apple would fix it as well. I might just as well get a laptop drive to replace it.

Or should I just ebay the damn thing as is?

Edit: should this be in the marketplace, I dunno. :\

robbieduncan
Aug 9, 2005, 03:03 PM
Apple price seems reasonable compared to the open market: price at pbparts (http://www.pbparts.com/shop/_al+_lcd).

Edit: My mistake. I was looking at the price for the whole assembly. The LCD panel on it's own is under $400.

krimson
Aug 9, 2005, 03:18 PM
a friend picked one up one for his Tibook on ebay for $99, 2 dead pixels, otherwise worked fine.
Pretty sure there's a few for the Albooks.

Jay42
Aug 9, 2005, 03:34 PM
Anyone know where to get one. I don't want the entire display assembly. I can take apart my display assembly and put in the new LCD panel. My current one has been cracked since October 2004 and Apple wanted $1300 to fix it.

HD is broken too, doubt Apple would fix it as well. I might just as well get a laptop drive to replace it.

Or should I just ebay the damn thing as is?

My friend just broke his powerbook screen. Fortunately though, he knows this computer guy that got one from hong kong really cheap and installed it for about $400. Unless you have hookups like that, I would just sell it.

MacCoaster
Aug 9, 2005, 04:31 PM
a friend picked one up one for his Tibook on ebay for $99, 2 dead pixels, otherwise worked fine.
Pretty sure there's a few for the Albooks.
Yeah, I've seen some for the TiBooks. I just wonder if the TiBook panel would work in the AlBook frame.

Thanks all, though. I'm going to keep on looking.

MacCoaster
Aug 9, 2005, 04:33 PM
P.S. Can anyone think of how much I can get for the PowerBook as is? Maybe I could get some cash towards an iBook G4 12".