PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else notice this when there MBA is close to a lamp?

iphone46
Aug 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
My MBA just went to sleep a minute ago while it was next to my desk lamp and I thought this was kind of cool:rolleyes: .http://imageshack.us/f/42/img1070rv.jpg/

Mrbobb
Aug 30, 2012, 08:28 PM
I see... JESUS!

Hope is not a burnt-in.

iphone46
Aug 30, 2012, 08:32 PM
I see... JESUS!

Hope is not a burnt-in.

It's not the screen is fine when I move it away. You can also see the center of the screen when you turn the brightness all the way down.

SnowLeopard2008
Aug 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
It's the plastic Apple logo on the back. Pretty cool! I noticed this when I was unwrapping my 13" MBA today.

filmbuff
Aug 30, 2012, 11:50 PM
Random question; when you turn the screen brightness all the way down it turns the backlight off but the LCD actually stays on. Is there a way to set it so that you can turn the screen off at will? That would be nice so I could leave my computer downloading or rendering something with the screen not using any power or still showing an image.

Stingray454
Aug 31, 2012, 04:55 AM
Random question; when you turn the screen brightness all the way down it turns the backlight off but the LCD actually stays on. Is there a way to set it so that you can turn the screen off at will? That would be nice so I could leave my computer downloading or rendering something with the screen not using any power or still showing an image.

In System Preferences -> Mission Control -> Hot Corners, you can set the display to power off when you move the mouse to a specific corner of the screen. I use the top left one myself - when ever I will leave the computer for just a minute or two, or while listening to someone in a meeting / lecture / whatever, I just move the cursor there and power the display off, while the computer keeps working. Just touch the mouse pad again and you're back to the brightness you had before. Saves tons of battery.