PDA

View Full Version : My New Air is Awesome!

fupresti
Aug 31, 2012, 04:37 PM
Too bad I it owned less than 48 hours before it died, Apple was unable to diagnose the issue, and since it was a build to own, I have to wait another week to order a replacement.

First world problems, I know.

polotska
Aug 31, 2012, 04:38 PM
That’s a bummer. What was wrong with the MBA?

fupresti
Aug 31, 2012, 04:58 PM
Thatís a bummer. What was wrong with the MBA?

No idea, maybe logic board but there is nothing indicating it. I must be born under a bad Mac sign, my 2010 Pro had 3 LCD screens replaced, a logic board and a hard drive in only 2 years.

polotska
Aug 31, 2012, 05:12 PM
Didnít power on at all? Doesnít really matter I suppose, just curious.

fupresti
Aug 31, 2012, 05:57 PM
Dead as a doornail. The Genius said they had never seen it before ever.

WesCole
Aug 31, 2012, 06:03 PM
You should ask Apple (very politely) if there is anything they can do to compensate you for your time lost. I have heard of people getting anywhere from laptop sleeves to USB hard drives from Apple for the inconvenience. Not saying it will happen to you, but it has happened before. :)

Mrbobb
Aug 31, 2012, 06:35 PM
since it was a build to own

You didn't order the encrusted diamond version! ^)

That sounds stupid (of Apple), so there are 3 ram choices, 3 SSD sizes, i5 or i7, OK top of my head permutation, 25 combinations. Surely a company as big as Apple have all these pre-made?

Delay probly lead time shipping from China. Will it kill them to have a warehouse in the U.S.? The dang CEO is making like $200 million.

Yeah, ask for a gift card for your trouble.

BigMcGuire
Aug 31, 2012, 06:36 PM
You should ask Apple (very politely) if there is anything they can do to compensate you for your time lost. I have heard of people getting anywhere from laptop sleeves to USB hard drives from Apple for the inconvenience. Not saying it will happen to you, but it has happened before. :)

Yeah, be polite and kind and those Apple Geniuses really go out of their way to do stuff like this.