PDA

View Full Version : Devices eject when MBA goes to sleep

shonor6
Sep 7, 2012, 07:11 AM
Hello. I have a month old MBA and I've just noticed that whenever I close the laptop or put it to sleep in any other way - the moment I wake it up I see a red error message: "The disk was not ejected properly. If possible, always eject a disk before unplugging it or turning it off".

After that I can no longer find neither my USB 3.0 WD External HDD nor my 32GB SD card in the device list.

Any help?

asting
Sep 7, 2012, 10:07 AM
That's strange. I assume you're not unplugging them? It normally doesn't unmount when put to sleep.

shonor6
Sep 7, 2012, 10:14 AM
Of course they're not being unplugged, HOWEVER, they aren't connect to the Macbook directly, but rather through a USB hub. Maybe it has something to do with that. I'll try connecting it directly and update here.

shonor6
Sep 7, 2012, 10:36 AM
I guess I was right, connected it directly to the laptop's usb port and worked like charm. The thing is - I also had an SD card in the slot which worked perfectly, until computer went to sleep. When I woke it up I saw that "not ejected properly" error, but this time, it referred to the SD card. Now Mac wouldn't recognize the SD card when I insert it, however this specific card works perfectly with Windows.

What now?

chrisrosemusic1
Sep 7, 2012, 10:45 AM
I guess I was right, connected it directly to the laptop's usb port and worked like charm. The thing is - I also had an SD card in the slot which worked perfectly, until computer went to sleep. When I woke it up I saw that "not ejected properly" error, but this time, it referred to the SD card. Now Mac wouldn't recognize the SD card when I insert it, however this specific card works perfectly with Windows.

What now?

It will have 'corrupted' but don't worry - you can recover it.

Open the 'Disk Utility' app under Applications>Utilities.

It should show in there under the SSD drive, but you will need to repair it - once you have it'll work again.