PDA

View Full Version : I lost 6" and 4.2 lbs. Thank you Apple.

djuzi05
Sep 10, 2012, 07:45 PM
My new MacBook Air came in today (11" i7/8/128) to replace my mid-2010 17" Macbook Pro. The Pro will be delegated for work and left in the office. I love this little guy, and it's nice to finally use the Airplay Mirroring function. I can't get over how thin, light, and snappy it is.

http://i.imgur.com/O5wOFl.jpg

dkersten
Sep 10, 2012, 07:49 PM
Congrats! I went back and forth for almost half a year on whether I should get the 11in, eventually getting the 13in. Fairly certain my next laptop will be an 11in Air

djuzi05
Sep 10, 2012, 07:58 PM
Also, if anyone is looking for a sleeve to carry an iPad along with an 11" Air I found the perfect one: Incase Terra. It's nice to have together because I can hotspot Verizon LTE from the iPad.

http://i.imgur.com/AnHLel.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Gl5hIl.jpg

Mrbobb
Sep 10, 2012, 10:35 PM
I always thought the bigger MBs with lots of metal around a relatively small KB look kinda weird.

Macman45
Sep 10, 2012, 10:43 PM
I always thought the bigger MBs with lots of metal around a relatively small KB look kinda weird.

Now you mention it, they do...I have a 17" MBP and the 13" MBA, but I'm not about to part with my MBP anytime soon....I need the real-estate and the rMBP just isn't for me. My MBP is only 9 months old so I got one of the last top spec ones made i guess...I do love my Air though....I reach for it more than my ipad these days....It's such a nice machine to use.

plucky duck
Sep 10, 2012, 11:01 PM
Congrats. The reduction in both footprint and weight must be really nice. It's definitely a great grab and go device, if battery life isn't too much of a concern.

I have my iPad in a Targus Versavue folio, and my 11" Air in a leather Sena folio case. When I travel I plan to get a purse-like Lowepro Passport Sling bag. With the inside square compartment removed it makes for a nice carryon rather than a backpack I think.

Orange Furball
Sep 10, 2012, 11:05 PM

I love that look. Wish I could have afforded one when they were new.

mtjensen22
Sep 11, 2012, 02:10 AM
Where did you get that wallpaper you are using on your MBA?

WilliamLondon
Sep 11, 2012, 06:14 AM
Also, if anyone is looking for a sleeve to carry an iPad along with an 11" Air I found the perfect one: Incase Terra. It's nice to have together because I can hotspot Verizon LTE from the iPad.

Congrats on the new machine, I'm ordering mine next payslip (same config as you!), can't wait. And I really like the case you got with it - very attractive. I'm holding out for the new iPad mini which would accompany my MBA, what a pair!

Have fun with the new machine!

FuNGi
Sep 11, 2012, 09:32 AM

Well there goes some of your weight/space savings right there.

Blackberryroid
Sep 12, 2012, 06:50 AM
My new MacBook Air came in today (11" i7/8/128) to replace my mid-2010 17" Macbook Pro. The Pro will be delegated for work and left in the office. I love this little guy, and it's nice to finally use the Airplay Mirroring function. I can't get over how thin, light, and snappy it is.

Image (http://i.imgur.com/O5wOFl.jpg)

I always had a feeling that every consumer laptop in the future will be 11 Inches. Because it's perfect already.

MaxPower72
Sep 12, 2012, 11:35 AM
I Love the MBA 11" the portability is excellent.
congratulation!

bembol
Sep 12, 2012, 05:31 PM
Congrats.

Hopefully you can keep it off. LOL

The Smyrk
Sep 12, 2012, 05:33 PM

Yes I would love to know where I could get it too. As a student at UT, I should really should already have that and am kicking myself that I don't.

Hook 'em!

BeeJee
Sep 12, 2012, 06:30 PM

Its one of the default wallpapers in Mt. Lion

The Smyrk
Sep 13, 2012, 01:16 PM
Its one of the default wallpapers in Mt. Lion

Yes I am mistaken. He asked for the wallpaper on the mba but I'm still interested in the one on the 17" mbp OP

rbrian
Sep 13, 2012, 01:37 PM
I can beat that - a year ago when I sold my 13" Pro for an 11" Air, I lost 2 inches and three hundred pounds! :D