PDA

View Full Version : Airport Extreme & Express

jlewis2k1
Aug 15, 2005, 06:14 PM
I'm curious will Apple be updating their wireless products? I mean its been like what a year or so maybe more. It would be interesting to see them take wireless networking a step further ... since they seem to be known to go beyond anything in today's world.

gangst
Aug 15, 2005, 06:52 PM
I think the Airport Express might get an update quite soon possibly with a remote control or something.
But I can't see the Airport Extreme getting an update until wireless-N, is a standard and that won't be till late 2006, early 2007 from what I've seen.
However, it would be nice to see a built in ADSL modem in the Airport Extreme base station instead of 56k modem.
But I think there will be quite along wait before we get 108mbps wireless etc, as I think Apple will won't be one of the early adopters of wireless N and they will wait till wireless N is mainstream, which is a shame really considering they were one of the first companies to sell wireless equipment in 2000.

jlewis2k1
Aug 15, 2005, 07:13 PM
hmm who knows apple may announce on a preview of their next AEBS hmm it could get a new name too!! hopefully nothing silly like mighty mouse.

AtHomeBoy_2000
Aug 15, 2005, 07:30 PM
it would be nice to see a built in ADSL modem in the Airport Extreme base station instead of 56k modem.

I wish that would be an option in the iMac and PowerMac as well. High end uses probably dont use dial up. At least give us the option to have one or the other.

jlewis2k1
Aug 15, 2005, 07:34 PM
hmm, im sure that since they are going to intel they may be able to do something very easy with out having anything specially made. however, it would also be nice to see them make something with a coxial cable internet input too. sadly we are all just dreaming.

PaRaGoNViCtiM
Aug 15, 2005, 10:46 PM
Awesome sig Jeff!!

jlewis2k1
Aug 15, 2005, 11:10 PM