Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Any specific place to buy or brand that is more reccommended than others?

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
greenguy4 said:

Crucial (see link in the ads on this page, right above the thread) tends to be reliable and well-priced. You might want to try visiting the site with a few different browsers and OS's (if possible) to get the best price, though. They engage in target pricing.

Edit: , just because I like to backup my claims.

iMatt mini

macrumors 6502
Mar 1, 2005
Central New Jersey
stridey said:
Crucial (see link in the ads on this page, right above the thread) tends to be reliable and well-priced. You might want to try visiting the site with a few different browsers and OS's (if possible) to get the best price, though. They engage in target pricing.
That's weird, I never knew that. I never knew that was even possible. I'd like to learn how to do that for my site. :D

AJ Muni

macrumors 65816
Aug 4, 2005
Miami
stridey said:

Edit: , just because I like to backup my claims.

it happend to me...i bought 1gb with safari for $145.....the next day i was checking my order at work (windows xp, IE) and it was like $130....but anyways CRUCIAL is IMO the best...and fast shippin too...and look what happend to my ibook ....[url]https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/142935/

AstrosFan

macrumors 6502
Jul 26, 2005
greenguy4 said:

In addition to Crucial, the other places commonly cited on threads here are:
http://www.macsales.com aka OWC
http://www.datamem.com

Both guarantee Mac compatability and offer lifetime replacement warranties.
To my knowledge (based on reading these forums as well as checking prices frequently), these other sites do not engage in 'dynamic' pricing.
I recently ordered a 1GB from DataMem for my iMac - should be delivered in a day or two.
My experience with them thus far has been pleasant & professional.

Good luck!

greenguy4

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
thanks for ALL your help guys! After reading those posts I decided to splurge and get the 1 gig stick from crucial. I bought it from Buy.com however. They had it selling for $140 and then they have a %10 off coupon so I only paid $126 w/free shipping! Quite a steal!!!
THANKS AGAIN!

stridey

macrumors 65816
Jan 21, 2005
Massachusetts, Connecticut
greenguy4 said:
thanks for ALL your help guys! After reading those posts I decided to splurge and get the 1 gig stick from crucial. I bought it from Buy.com however. They had it selling for $140 and then they have a %10 off coupon so I only paid $126 w/free shipping! Quite a steal!!!
THANKS AGAIN!

Hey, do you happen to have a direct link? Sounds like the deal of the day!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.