PDA

View Full Version : Is the iPod era already dead?

Blackberryroid
Sep 15, 2012, 09:43 PM
Back in the old days, everyone has a PSP or a Nintendo GameBoy. No exceptions. Everywhere you look, they're all carrying one. Today, you can never see a normal person carrying one of those unless they are hipsters (Sorry for the term).

What about the iPod? It was once so popular but now all I see are iPhones. I rarely see anyone has an iPod classic, nano or even shuffle these days.

The touch is a bit more common.

Did the iPod days die? Is it over?

davew128
Sep 16, 2012, 02:13 AM
Back in the old days, everyone has a PSP or a Nintendo GameBoy. No exceptions. Everywhere you look, they're all carrying one. Today, you can never see a normal person carrying one of those unless they are hipsters (Sorry for the term).

What about the iPod? It was once so popular but now all I see are iPhones. I rarely see anyone has an iPod classic, nano or even shuffle these days.

Did the iPod days die? Is it over?I don't think so. Car entertainment enthusiast I think would always welcome the classic for the storage of music and video as the extras of a touch either aren't worth it, or can be used via bluetooth.

53kyle
Sep 16, 2012, 02:17 AM

Did the iPod days die? Is it over?

At my school, almost everyone has one (25 percent nano, 25 percent iPhone, 50 percent touch)

x&y
Sep 16, 2012, 12:49 PM
The iPod is still a huge part of Apple's turnover.

They won't be getting rid of it anytime soon I can assure you.

jav6454
Sep 16, 2012, 12:50 PM
What the original iPod was, yes. That era is gone. The iPod Touch tho... not quite, it is today's GameBoy sort of speaking.

greg555
Sep 16, 2012, 07:22 PM
It's a shrinking market. Kids are getting cell phones at younger and younger ages. And most adults have phones too. So fewer people need iPods for music.