Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Blackberryroid

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
/private/var/vm/
Back in the old days, everyone has a PSP or a Nintendo GameBoy. No exceptions. Everywhere you look, they're all carrying one. Today, you can never see a normal person carrying one of those unless they are hipsters (Sorry for the term).

What about the iPod? It was once so popular but now all I see are iPhones. I rarely see anyone has an iPod classic, nano or even shuffle these days.

The touch is a bit more common.

Did the iPod days die? Is it over?

davew128

macrumors newbie
Jul 27, 2010
Back in the old days, everyone has a PSP or a Nintendo GameBoy. No exceptions. Everywhere you look, they're all carrying one. Today, you can never see a normal person carrying one of those unless they are hipsters (Sorry for the term).

What about the iPod? It was once so popular but now all I see are iPhones. I rarely see anyone has an iPod classic, nano or even shuffle these days.

I don't think so. Car entertainment enthusiast I think would always welcome the classic for the storage of music and video as the extras of a touch either aren't worth it, or can be used via bluetooth.

53kyle

macrumors 65816
Mar 27, 2012
Sebastopol, CA

At my school, almost everyone has one (25 percent nano, 25 percent iPhone, 50 percent touch)

greg555

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2005
Canada
It's a shrinking market. Kids are getting cell phones at younger and younger ages. And most adults have phones too. So fewer people need iPods for music.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.