PDA

View Full Version : powerbook will not turn on

bslax28
Aug 17, 2005, 12:48 PM
i did a search for this and found no appropriate results, so if there's already a thread on this problem, i apologize.

but anyways, i bought my powerbook 12" about two months ago and have had absolutely no problems. then, this morning, i brought into the local barnes and noble to get some coffee and it wouldn't turn on. i held the on/off button for a few seconds at a time, sometimes for nearly 10 or 15 seconds, and nothing happened. finally, after about 10 attempts, it came on. it's running fine, but that worried me a little.

now, i don't know if this is purely coincidence, but i had my powerbook plugged in overnight when the power went off, went on, and went off again. could a power surge have affected my pb somehow? has anyone else experienced this problem?

thanks.

ajampam
Aug 17, 2005, 12:57 PM
i did a search for this and found no appropriate results, so if there's already a thread on this problem, i apologize.

but anyways, i bought my powerbook 12" about two months ago and have had absolutely no problems. then, this morning, i brought into the local barnes and noble to get some coffee and it wouldn't turn on. i held the on/off button for a few seconds at a time, sometimes for nearly 10 or 15 seconds, and nothing happened. finally, after about 10 attempts, it came on. it's running fine, but that worried me a little.

now, i don't know if this is purely coincidence, but i had my powerbook plugged in overnight when the power went off, went on, and went off again. could a power surge have affected my pb somehow? has anyone else experienced this problem?

thanks.

Wow....that is real weird! When it finally started did you see or feel anything different? Also, I may be wrong, but if you press down the power button, it should have atleast started the computer in some other mode....I would suggest a quick hardware test using the install disc 1....just t check if nothing....

MacNut
Aug 17, 2005, 01:41 PM
Were you running it off of the battery or was it plugged in? I don't think it was a power surge because then your power supply would not work at all. I have left mine plugged in when the power goes out and all that happens is the battery kicks in.

bslax28
Aug 17, 2005, 04:51 PM
Were you running it off of the battery or was it plugged in?

When it wouldn't turn on? Off the battery... everything is working fine now, including the on/off button, so maybe it was just a fluke. Who knows. A little strange though, I'd expect this from my Dell, but not my PB.